Message Threads..Tips

1. fluffyfrogg

fluffyfrogg Member

Since I came from a palm pre I was used to swiping left to right and right to left on a lot of things.. I noticed that when you're in the messaging app and you see the different threads, if you swipe left to right on a person's thread you will get a "CALL" button. If you swipe from right to left you will get a "MESSAGE" button. Its kinda cool, I think. lol I hope I explained it well enough for you all to understand xP

Advertisement
    hotcakes and saps like this.
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Wow how did I miss this? Very cool. Thanks for the tip
  3. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

That's kind of cool, except I just accidentally called someone because I didn't realize it was immediate, heh.
  4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah thats a very touch sensitive feature
  5. TozyJay

TozyJay Well-Known Member

Yup, I was texting a girl I haven't seen in a couple years the night I got the phone and accidentally called her at 3 AM. FAIL
  6. erasmogjr

erasmogjr Member

lol just tried it...really cool feature does definitely remind me of my palm pre.

Just called my boss on accident trying it out lol. I notice this phone has alot of little hidden features throughout the touchwiz skin, it makes me like samsungs skin more and more everyday and I used to be one of the "Vanilla Android or Nothing" kinda guys. :p

edit: also works in contacts and call log swipe left to right to get call and message buttons. This one is not immediate btw
  7. fluffyfrogg

fluffyfrogg Member

sweet thats good to know :)
  8. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

Haha, tried it and almost called my parents in Africa, Verizon would have billed me shitless...
  9. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Pretty hard to accidentally do this but yeah that would be not good
  10. noroth

noroth Well-Known Member

While playing around with this in my contacts list, I found that it works on the A-Z letters... get to the first letter you want, then drag your finger left and you can choose the 2nd letter now.

So if for Smith

go to S

Drag left and go to m
    kfosull and SmarterJP like this.
  11. exzacklyright

exzacklyright Well-Known Member

i was gonna post this but then found this thread. I found this tip by accident. The title of this thread is a bit vague tbh :)

It's nice to be able to just swype left or right on the contact list to msg or call :)