Message to All Ally Lurkers!!General

Last Updated:

1. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Message to all Ally Lurkers:

I want to tell you I'm glad you're here. Moreover, I have a question for you. Why not sign up and contribute? You don't have to be a geeky rocket scientist! We welcome your questions, your comments and your shmoozing!

Don't be afraid! Do it today!

If you need any help, just PM me and I'll be glad to help you get around in here!

Steven

Advertisement
  2. Brandonson112

Brandonson112 Well-Known Member

I honestly have nothing worthwhile to contribute. So i just don't.

3. Steven58

Well, I mean to encourage people who don't feel as if they have anything valuable to say. The truth is that everyone has something to offer. That's what makes the world go round. Anyway, no pressure, just friendly encouragement! :)

4. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

I agree here, contribute, ask, dont feel like your question is stupid or something, we all got here with stupid questions and because we weren't scared to ask this site because like the "Android Wiki", so dont mess up the tradition lets keep going =)

5. flick159

flick159 Well-Known Member

I have to agree. Asking questions and learning is far better than not! Never know what a new member will contribute.

6. Steven58

Well said! I appreciate you guys! :D

7. HauntedHallows

HauntedHallows Well-Known Member

Very true, i have learned more about phones on this forum then i thought humanly possible.

8. Steven58

But you're NOT human! You're a g-g-g-g-Ghost!!!!!! ;) :p

+10

9. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

Yeah... What he said... heh

10. mford247

mford247 New Member

I wanted to know about fully flashing LG Ally for Cricket services. I live in Nashville, TN and everyone that I've contacted is telling me that this phone can not be fully flashed.

11. Steven58

12. dots

dots Well-Known Member

By flashing i'm assuming you mean flashing a recovery image and installing custom roms. That is fully possible with the ally (not sure why the ally is on cricket thought it was only on verizon). Take a look at the All Things Root Ally Section. Theres a guide at the top stickied. Here's a guide i made oh the "easy" method of flashing the Clockwork Recovery Image and an flashing roms. How To Guide Flashing Clockwork Recovery

13. Cyberzerous

Cyberzerous Active Member

I've used the info on here more then once to break and fix my ally ( now rooted and romed). Thanks all

14. Steven58

Our pleasure! That's what we're here for!

15. CZEN2OOO

CZEN2OOO Active Member

Most of the questions I would ask have already been said to be totally honest I don't care for my Ally that much but Im stuck with it for the time being

16. Steven58

Sorry about that. I saw the Ally in the store for the first time, this week. What don't you like about it?

17. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

Check the classified forums here friend...You may be able to score you a trade for an Android or non-Android device... I have seen trades offering a regular Droid for the Ally...

18. CZEN2OOO

CZEN2OOO Active Member

Well its not a bad phone I came from the Voyager to the Ally When I could do my upgrade (the story of how I got this phone was a adventure onto itself). I still love the keyboard to me Lg makes the best but I tend to be a person who likes to tinker with my phone and I didn't realize that the internal memory was so small. Im a person who likes to download allot of apps so im constantly running out of space. The battery is a big problem as well it has gotten better over the last few weeks (which is odd to me dont batteries get worst over time) but I still have to charge it every couple of hours the juice just gets suck out of it so quickly. Also the first week I had the phone it would reboot every 10-20 min and that drove me insane. I would have returned it then but I couldn't do to the fact of where I live now. But my main thing about it is there doesn't seem to be much support for it by modders or LG i have the velocity 0.2 and it is really well done but thats about it. It just seems to be so many things you can do and so much support for the droid x and the incredible and it seems like the Ally doesn't get much love from the mod community or podcasters. I did buy a Incredible last week from this forum so hopefully it should come soon . I don't mean to be offensive but to me the Ally is a good phone for my girl not for me it is a entry level phone not a power users phone and I guess im a power user.

19. Steven58

I am too...I need state that of the art thing working!

20. DavidPuddy

DavidPuddy Member

Long time Lurker here.
    Got my update today, and decided to sign up. I've learned a ton from reading these forums; hopefully I'll be able to add my insight here and there.

21. thelostsoul

thelostsoul Well-Known Member

I think the big issue is that everyone's just waiting for Froyo. No one really has much to say because we're all just dealing with the battery issues and everything until someone gets froyo running, and all the developers have HTC or Moto devices.

I'm looking into what I can do myself, but haven't gotten to the point where I can ask questions yet, just got my phone last week and its my first android and I'm still getting used to things.

22. Steven58

welcome!

23. staypuft

staypuft Active Member

my girls got the ally, its a decent phone, my only gripe with it is the horrible battery life, she has the 50% bug. she is not a power user but im hoping lg will come out with an update or just launch froyo with battery fix

24. Steven58

Make sure she is set up to NOT set up to sync email and apps too often, bro.

25. GameMisconduct

GameMisconduct Active Member

I have the LG Ally. I don't know how much I can contribute, but I do enjoy the phone so far. It seems to be the ideal amount of phone for me. My brother has the Droid X and that seems way too massive to be convenient. It is nice to be able to check in on facebook and twitter periodically while on the run.