• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Message to All Aria Lurkers!!

Just got my Aria a about a week ago and I'm loving it... previously I was a BlackBerry addict... my mobihand account is in the upwards of 100+ apps & themes... so I'm anxious to get the party started on Android... just found an older build of HTC Sync that allows you to load applications so I'm loving life... and I just read there's a 2.2 update that will finally unlock the OTA on the Aria so I'm about to load that puppy and see what it's about... I'm currently trying to find alot of apps I used to use on my BB or the equivalent in the Market... so far so good... you all will definitely see me around in the threads...

Upvote 0
Just got my Aria a about a week ago and I'm loving it... previously I was a BlackBerry addict... my mobihand account is in the upwards of 100+ apps & themes... so I'm anxious to get the party started on Android... just found an older build of HTC Sync that allows you to load applications so I'm loving life... and I just read there's a 2.2 update that will finally unlock the OTA on the Aria so I'm about to load that puppy and see what it's about... I'm currently trying to find alot of apps I used to use on my BB or the equivalent in the Market... so far so good... you all will definitely see me around in the threads...

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the conversations! :)

Upvote 0
I went aria because of my old tilt, it took a beating and never let me down, that beautiful video machine captivate almost sucked me in, but the quality of htc phones made me feel more secure.

Hate to say this on android forums but not to sure if I am crazy about android yet or not, lots of things I am missing from my windows phone especially the ease of modding it without flashing and voiding the warranty.

But I am not ready to give up on droid yet hoping it will grow on me.

Upvote 0
hey im new here and well i cant seem to find anything about the screen on my htc aria pulling off the phone when i take the batt cover off at all 4 corners it looks to be like double sided tape that holds the glass down well at the top 2 corners its starting to peal away from the phone and i was wondering if anyone has had this problem or how to fix it

i love my aria things is awesome but the glass screen just wont stay down and to me seems like the double sided glue or tap that it has is wearing off and so its wanting to pull off the frame any help would be great thank you

Upvote 0
I have an Aria and I completely love it. Yes I am aware that I may not get many "official" upgrades in the future but I bought the phone now. And with ATT if I want another phone later, I just buy it (at full price) and pop in the SIM.

Comparing the Aria to the Captivate is like apples and oranges. They both run Android but the similarities kinda stop there. I like many others bought the Aria because of the size (and the price) not because of the horsepower. If I wanted all out horsepower I would have bought the Captivate. I am not digging the "half monitor" sized cell phones that are out today, I carry my phone on my hip and the Captivate is too big for me.

In terms of performance, as it turns out, the Aria is no slouch, it also is no Snapdragon. I am running CM6 on my Aria and it rarely hiccups. My friend has an Incredible (running stock Froyo) and speed wise there isn't much of a difference.

SO if you want to save couple of buck or just want something smaller the Aria is a wonderful choice. If it's power and upgradability in the future you want then go with the Captivate (if you don't mind the size)

Rock on Aria!!!

Upvote 0
I am ordering my Aria tomorrow. I know it comes with a 2 gb sd card. I have heard you can go up to a 32 gb card is this true, and if so what can you actually store on the card? I just wanted to make sure before I spent the money on the sd card and find out it is too big. Sorry if this is a pretty silly question, but I am new to android.

Upvote 0
I am ordering my Aria tomorrow. I know it comes with a 2 gb sd card. I have heard you can go up to a 32 gb card is this true, and if so what can you actually store on the card? I just wanted to make sure before I spent the money on the sd card and find out it is too big. Sorry if this is a pretty silly question, but I am new to android.

Music, pictures, video, documents. It depends on what you want with you all the time. For me, a 8gb card is plenty.

The next OS update will also allow apps to be stored on the card.

Upvote 0
Please please please help me. Just got my htc aria. Don't really know my way around it yet. Read on threads posted up all the time about people who are ever so satisfied with what they are getting out of theirs. 'what are they talking about?!!!' i think. i just want one thing mainly; to read books in my new phone. and ah well, save games, videos etc in it. for now though, i haven't been able to save to/access books supposedly saved on my phone. .jar books that is. i must be doing something wrong. when i had my nokia it was very straightforward. pls help me with a step by step guide. not the barely there one that came in the manual but something more comprehensive. i need to get in the grove like all these other people here.

Upvote 0
You'll need to connect your phone to your computer with the included cable. Then select disk drive on the phone. Once the phone is mounted as a drive, you can copy the .jar file onto the phone's SD card.

I can't find an app that specifically supports .jar format, but there are free options to try. On the phone already, you have Quickoffice. Open and it'll scan your SD card for files it can read.

Another option is to install Droid Comic Viewer - Android app on AppBrain It can handle a lot of different formats.

Upvote 0
Quickoffice is meant for Microsoft products, you shouldn't have a problem with Word files.
Quickoffice Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite for Android

I know going from one phone type to another, we all expect things to work "like they used to" because that's what we're comfortable with. I came from iPhone and was really confused at first. But, with a little patience, time, and research, I'm sure you'll figure it out. It took me a couple weeks to "transition", but I won't go back to the iPhone now. :)

Upvote 0
I guess it would really help us help you if you tell us what jar apps you are trying to use because there may be an apk equivalent. I too am a Nokia convert and at first I wanted things to work as they did on my Nokia, but with time I just found that they still just work but differently. I also have not found anything that I could do on my Nokia that I cannot do on my Aria. When I first got my Aria, google was my friend. I went surfing the web for instructions and articles and within a weekend I had my phone rooted and sideloading, and contemplating different ROMs. Now I am running CM6 and can't find too many things that I cannot do with my Aria. Can't really look back to Nokia.

Upvote 0
Well I read the suggestion to join the club so here i am. I got the HTC Aria on Friday from BestBuy with the free friday promo. I had the phone Rooted and flashed a rom by Saturday evening. I am new to this phone hack stuff. So I am proud of myself for that. I wanted the Captivate but with the issues they have and the price well Bestbuy convinced me. I also found a version of HTC sync that will let you load apps to the phone. I am so far very happy with this phone. I see no reason why not to get it. Captivate will not sync outlook without a mircle and HTC sync DOES. I do not believe AT&t will fix the Captivate issues. I would rather have a good phone that works correctly when I buy it. I have not spent much time on this site yet but I will now. FYI for other Noobs XDA developers also has a lot of info. I found them when I had a WM 6.1 phone. I have none of the ATT bloatware on my phone, with the new ROM. HTCSync3.0.5372.exe.7z - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download This is the HTC sync version that allows sideloading of apps. I do not believe you need root access either please enjoy it if you need it. I found it in the forums at XDA

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones