• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Message to All Aria Lurkers!!

ive been trying to install an app to my aria. i tried to do the side load but when i download the app to my comp for that, it saves as a file cabinet and i cant send it to the phone. what i really need is a way to disable the download restriction but not loose the stuff on the phone. my wife would kill me if i lost the stuff on the phone. please help.

Upvote 0
i tried sideload machine. the prob is that when i save the app to my comp all i get is a file cabinet and htc sync and sideload wonder machine cant find the file. i am having so many probs. i wish i could just find a way to block the restriction and just download it directly to the aria bc that is how its designed to be downloaded to the phone.

Upvote 0
the url to get it is www.cpr.cc its a long story, but i need this on the phone. it downloads under a false name of a photo viewer, but its actually a recon app that copies texts and sends them to my secure site. i paid a lot for it and when it downloads directly, it downloads as a signed .apk. so itll work on the phone, but the phone wont install after the download bc of it being a third party app

Upvote 0
I've had my Aria for a month now, running 2.2 since I got it. LOVE IT!! No complaints. Dumped my 3Gs and haven't looked back. If I get another phone it'll be a Desire, and yes there are North American GSM Desires. I just wish there were more Aria forums like there are for the Desire, maybe in the future if AT&T would advertise the thing.....

Upvote 0
Hai2all!

As a CS major with serious hots for computers & networks, I've somehow been neither a gadget guy nor a junkie for new technology. My Motorola V195 (cnet) worked/works just fine, but finally I realized I could use better input, voice recognition (only with data?? surprising...), GPS (<3), maps I can look at even w/o GPS navigation, and the ability to Wikipedia anything, anywhere, anytime.

So let's put it eloquently: I am seriously like, all wet & shit over this "phone" / GSM+GPS-enabled von Neumann machine running open software. Them HTC-ers sure know good hardware design; and Google's OS, surprise of all surprises, is so marvelous I can't yet praise it what with expecting nothing less than its unintrusive function & speed. (Sense is cool too, that zoom+refit in the browser is totes win).

Speed is marvelous, I see no lag at all. As Ms. Senior-Editor at engadget said (blanking on her name... young east Asian woman, does a lot of good reviews), it proves once again that Hz aren't everything. I wonder to what extent having to paint less of a screen helps out?

Size is perfect: this isn't a PMP, so if it weren't enough that Swypers often outperform people on physical keyboards, at 5'11" / 160-lbs with slender piano fingers I have no problem with the keyboard in either mode. Conclusion? Light & small in my pocket with no input problems. Why, then, would I need a 4"+ device?

Aesthetically, I'd love to get at&t's ugly-ass logo off of the phone's upper-right-hand corner... and I was gonna rant & rave about AT&T's prepaid data plans, American vs European carriers, why locking a SIM card turns babies everywhere into cultists, &c. &c. But I'm sure you all already know this.

Hello everyone, I am a new Aria owner and I am extremely pleased. :) Now time for some rooting. Oh, also for lying to AT&T tech support: "Hi, uhh, I unexpectedly got re-assigned to an office in Europe and I need to switch to Vodafone, pls2give free unlock code?" [edit: it didn't work, had to buy one, bah]

Upvote 0
Just had AT&T overnight me an Aria yesterday cause I'm fed up with the third Captivate in a row that I've had turning itself off randomly. I know a lot of people look at the Aria as a lesser phone, and in a few ways it is... but I'm actually looking forward to the smaller form factor more than anything. As long as everything else works well, that is. I've come to realize i don't NEED a powerhouse of a phone, as long as it still serves all the functions I want it to. Hopefully the Aria should do just that. Can't wait for FedEx to show up today!

Upvote 0
Just had AT&T overnight me an Aria yesterday cause I'm fed up with the third Captivate in a row that I've had turning itself off randomly. I know a lot of people look at the Aria as a lesser phone, and in a few ways it is... but I'm actually looking forward to the smaller form factor more than anything. As long as everything else works well, that is. I've come to realize i don't NEED a powerhouse of a phone, as long as it still serves all the functions I want it to. Hopefully the Aria should do just that. Can't wait for FedEx to show up today!

I have both the Aria and Captivate and switch back and forth between them. The only thing I don't like about the Aria is the quality and size of the screen. From a functionality standpoint, it's leagues better than the Captivate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones