• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Message to all Captivate Lurkers!!

Steven58

Former Heavyweight Champion of AF-Early Bird Club
Feb 19, 2010
USA
Message to all Captivate Lurkers:

I want to tell you I'm glad you're here. Moreover, I have a question for you. Why not sign up and contribute? You don't have to be a geeky rocket scientist! We welcome your questions, your comments and your shmoozing!

Don't be afraid! Do it today!

If you need any help, just PM me and I'll be glad to help you get around in here!

Steven

Reactions: Astan92
I joined because I both own a captivate and lurk.

Welcome!

More than satisfied :cool:

Glad to hear it!

I'm glad I joined, this is the best Android Forum!

My Samsung Captivate is an awesome Android phone.

I've learned a lot on this forum.

Cheers... :)

Glad you joined! New people like you make this place more fun! :)

I agree. Join the converation. These forums are well moderated and you can learn a great deal about your Captivate. Join and enjoy the fellowship. cheaha bill

+1 :)

Upvote 0
I joined when I began researching the Captivate. What I've learned is that I'm not buying one until the updates come out and people here say it works so I thank you in advance for that.

What I've also learned is that this forum can scare the bejeezes out of a new person to Android. So many different ways to do something and it seems all seem to break something else. I've also been looking for pics or vids of the most basic things such as rooting, sideloading and removal of bloatware etc to actually see how things are done. I'll continue to look, read and learn until I get one, then maybe I'll have something to post. Hopefully something other a problem.

A couple of other things from the shallow end of pool...

After reading other forums of other Galaxy class phones (almost star trek like isn't it), it seems no one really likes their carriers. So all the ATT hating sort of passes me by.

Has anyone noticed that there has been a lot of advertising on TV regarding the Galaxy class phones? Why would they do that with a "broken" phone? Unless maybe they do/will have it fixed?

ps this is my first post (second I guess) and it has taken me twice to do it... keep getting token has expired and I reloaded the page 3 times!

Upvote 0
I joined when I began researching the Captivate. What I've learned is that I'm not buying one until the updates come out and people here say it works so I thank you in advance for that.

What I've also learned is that this forum can scare the bejeezes out of a new person to Android. So many different ways to do something and it seems all seem to break something else. I've also been looking for pics or vids of the most basic things such as rooting, sideloading and removal of bloatware etc to actually see how things are done. I'll continue to look, read and learn until I get one, then maybe I'll have something to post. Hopefully something other a problem.

A couple of other things from the shallow end of pool...

After reading other forums of other Galaxy class phones (almost star trek like isn't it), it seems no one really likes their carriers. So all the ATT hating sort of passes me by.

Has anyone noticed that there has been a lot of advertising on TV regarding the Galaxy class phones? Why would they do that with a "broken" phone? Unless maybe they do/will have it fixed?

ps this is my first post (second I guess) and it has taken me twice to do it... keep getting token has expired and I reloaded the page 3 times!

Hey! Glad you signed up! Here's what I know about ATT and Captivate: NOTHING! ;) BUT: You have very good questions here. Would you mind asking them in the Capitvate support section! and DON'T BE SHY! If someone is rude to you, report it by hitting the little "!" on their post. The mods take meanness very seriously. :) :)

I think this is one of the best places to learn about the Android system .

Yaaay! :D I agree!

Ok you caught me.

I signed up.

Glad you signed up! NOW LET'S HAVE SOME FUN! :) :) (tag, you're it!) ;) :p

Upvote 0
I just had some positive experience this weekend from putting a bunc of E-pub format ebooks into my Captivate.

I used the Bluetooth File Transfer from my netbook Hackintosh running OS X Snow Leopard. Then, the Aldiko ebook reader can import them, and serve them up as nicely as Kindle or iBooks.

I find that the external speaker on the Captivate sucks. Way too small for external playing. The Evo 4G and Nokia 5800 blow it away for playing out the speaker.

However, I also have a Yamaha bluetooth external speaker with amp in the kitchen. The Cappy finds it over BT and streams Pandora to it from 30 feet away! Very nice for kitchen time, without worrying about getting BBQ sauce of whatever on your phone. yes, I used it while making a rack of ribs last night... ;-)

Upvote 0
Steven58 is so convincing I signed up!

No longer lurking.

Actually it was the Star Trek logo...

I purchased my Captivate this weekend, and I am really impressed. The swype entry makes an actual useable device for me (I have short stubby fingers) and hated the keyboard on my previous Blackberry!

You guys already helped me with getting a task killer and turning off the mobile network.

Everyone gets a virtual round on me.

Doug

Upvote 0
I joined this forum and the info has been awesome. So much stuff i did not know about this android phones.

Waiting on 2.2 to really have some fun

Glad to have you here!

Steven58 is so convincing I signed up!

No longer lurking.

Actually it was the Star Trek logo...

I purchased my Captivate this weekend, and I am really impressed. The swype entry makes an actual useable device for me (I have short stubby fingers) and hated the keyboard on my previous Blackberry!

You guys already helped me with getting a task killer and turning off the mobile network.

Everyone gets a virtual round on me.

Doug

Thanks Doug! :D I love star trek, it's true. :eek:

Yep, I've been lurking ever since I got my Captivate. Learned a few thingamajigs and doohickeys on here. Will contribute as much as I can. I'm not a phone geek by ANY stretch of the imagination.

I'm not a geek either, but I'm big poster. :eek::p

I just made my first post today!

Yaaaaaay!

...but i still intend to lurk =)

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo! ;) Welcome!

Upvote 0
Message to all Captivate Lurkers:

I want to tell you I'm glad you're here. Moreover, I have a question for you. Why not sign up and contribute? You don't have to be a geeky rocket scientist! We welcome your questions, your comments and your shmoozing!

Don't be afraid! Do it today!

If you need any help, just PM me and I'll be glad to help you get around in here!

Steven

Ok signed up :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones