• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Message to all Evo Shift 4G Lurkers

I've been lurking for months but really can't stand my Moment anymore. I think today is the day I go get my Shift. I really like (need? want?) the QWERTY keyboard. I checked out the plans from Verizon now that they have the ipone
:)eek:) but as a Sprint Gold customer or whatever I'll still make out better by staying with them.

Upvote 0
Newbie here. I just got my Evo Shift on Sunday and am learning how to use it. This is my first jump into any sort of smartphone- I previously had an LG Env (and a subsequent brief backstep into a flip phone when my Env wouldnt reliably hold charge) on Verizon so this is all very new to me. I was missing my keyboard so I decided to try out the Shift instead of the regular Evo. So far I like it though. I just hope it isnt smarter than I am! lol

Upvote 0
Newbie here. I just got my Evo Shift on Sunday and am learning how to use it. This is my first jump into any sort of smartphone- I previously had an LG Env (and a subsequent brief backstep into a flip phone when my Env wouldnt reliably hold charge) on Verizon so this is all very new to me. I was missing my keyboard so I decided to try out the Shift instead of the regular Evo. So far I like it though. I just hope it isnt smarter than I am! lol

Hello! We are here to help. Glad to see you found the shift forum. Post up with any issues/questions or concerns!

What kind of diesel are you a demon of?

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
The phone is insane when rooted, thats the reason I got the phone. Well over 120's now running straight, reboot once a week and your good. I run the CM7 like most people out there. Upgraded from 3GS, apple is garbage, im tired of paying for microsoft, im glad android came out, and im glad I tried it out, I love the platform and what they and google plan on doing in the future.

Upvote 0
I've had the HTC Hero for about a year and a half and I'm considering upgrading.

[(truncated]

So I like that the shift is smaller than the Evo but I'm not really interested in the hardware keyboard and not sure if it has compact QWERTY as an option for the touchscreen.

I just switched from Hero to the Shift. I had the similar sentiments on size and I like the feel. The hand feel is similar even with the case.

Further, it does have the touchscreen QWERTY.

AAB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones