• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Message to all you Droid Incredible Lurkers Out There!

A big thanks to Steven58 and all the other folks here who have been helpful for info to me during my stay as a Dinc user (since release from pre-order, but a former BB Storm/Pearl guy myself) but the biggest help has really been this...my wife was due for an upgrade...and since I spend so much time lurking on these forums she decided to get a Dinc for herself, since as she so quaintly put it "you spend all your time on those chat boards so if I have any problems you can just surf and find it for me." :)

She's a keeper...and my (our) Dincs are too.

Upvote 0
Hello all you Droiders...

I am a newly converted BB Storm user. This phone is awesome.

This forum has answered MANY questions I've had and helped immensely with how-tos and such.

I'd really like to find a good explanation of 'rooting' and if I need to do it to watch Hulu and other TV servers on my Incredible.

Anyone put together a really simple step-by-step to accomplish this?

I purchased the Incredible last Wednesday and it came with 2.2 already there.

Thanks in advance

Welcome! Glad you're joining in! :) Enjoy the phone!

Steven is this one of those threads you start to assure you are the top posting human in the forum universe? (just saw another random thread you were chatting up!)

heh! Good question! I guess I do have a competitive streak in me. ;) These threads do not increase my numbers. The intros threads do that. ;) (Just gave away a trade secret, there). I started these threads because I noticed there were a lot more lurkers online than registrants. I wanted to appeal to the ones who were shy, who felt as if they didn't have anything important to say and those who needed a nudge. I wanted to make them feel and understand that this is a safe place and that they would feel included and not flamed for being new. I put these threads up in most of the phone sections.

I took some flack for it, because I didn't ask first. (I learned my lesson). Most of them turned out to be very, very effective. Quite a few folks signed up, who said they normally wouldn't have, so it because a positive thing, ultimately.

A big thanks to Steven58 and all the other folks here who have been helpful for info to me during my stay as a Dinc user (since release from pre-order, but a former BB Storm/Pearl guy myself) but the biggest help has really been this...my wife was due for an upgrade...and since I spend so much time lurking on these forums she decided to get a Dinc for herself, since as she so quaintly put it "you spend all your time on those chat boards so if I have any problems you can just surf and find it for me." :)

She's a keeper...and my (our) Dincs are too.

Thank you! Great post! Glad you're here. I look forward to getting to know you! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones