Message to Droid X Lurkers!!

Last Updated:

1. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Message to all DX Lurkers:

I want to tell you I'm glad you're here. Moreover, I have a question for you. Why not sign up and contribute? You don't have to be a geeky rocket scientist! We welcome your questions, your comments and your shmoozing!

Don't be afraid! Do it today!

If you need any help, just PM me and I'll be glad to help you get around in here!

Steven

Advertisement
  2. Roxors

Roxors Well-Known Member

What about those of us that don't really contribute that much? can we still hang out? :(

3. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

just dont ask about what an sbf is, how to get it, and how to do it. there are already 4,264 threads about this.

:p Just kidding. if you have questions (about anything)... do ask!

4. northernmoris

northernmoris Well-Known Member

When is the OTA release of Froyo coming?:eek: J/K

5. Roxors

Roxors Well-Known Member

uh yeah i really don't know what that is

6. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Anytime I'm talking about Android, I always mention AndroidForums. I met a couple of lurkers at the DroidLanding hunt in Nashville before the release of the X that way. Great people who are interested in Android and find the forums a great source of information.

I say if ya just wanna lurk...lurk. Most questions have already been answered, discussed, debated, trolled, dis-proven, and defended here.

But if you do have a question or comment, have at it. There are a lot of great people here who are passionate about the Android OS and love to help.

7. Steven58

You guys are hijacking my well intentioned thread. :rolleyes: :p

STOP IT! ;)

8. Steven58

absolutely! :D

9. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

just so you know, i was only kidding about asking about that.

the .sbf is a file that you can use to flash your x back to bone stock 2.1 in case you royally screw something up. when the 2.2 leak came out, a lot of people were making mistakes, and bricking their phones (the phone was getting stuck at the M screen). to resolve this, the user had to use Motorola's RSD Lite (a program used to flash the .sbf file to the phone), and it would get it in proper working condition again. at that time, there were a million posts asking what it was, and how to correctly use it.

also, now that it has come to light that Motorola will not push the 2.2 OTA to the folks that installed the leak, the .sbf became a hot topic again, because that is the only way to get back to 2.1 in order to receive the OTA. it has been a topic that has been posted about time and time again, and i think any question that could possibly be asked about it, has been asked no less than 10+ times in 10+ different threads.

i really dont mind that people ask about it, i was simply trying to make a joke (albeit a bad one) about the issue.

10. Kp1387

Kp1387 Active Member

Well guys i have been lurking these forums for bout 2 weeks now. I just came over from a dinc.

I do have a question though....i have noticed the auto capitalzation feature on the x is kinda off. Is there any fix for this?

11. Steven58

I'm using swype which has auto capitalization. My guess is that in that if the multi touch doesn't have it, it may be because of the ease of capitalization provided by multi-touch? I don't know.. perhaps someone who uses MT keyboard can answer this. Would it be a setting?

Roxors: if you don't get a satisfactory answer here, feel free to post this question in the DX support section, okay? :)

12. Kp1387

Kp1387 Active Member

10-4 and yea i tried swype and its just not for me.

13. somohapian

somohapian Well-Known Member

I came from the DInc as well, and have noticed the same thing. Supposedly one of the fixes coming in the 2.2 release is that it will auto-cap the 'i' like it should. And yes, it is a bit of a bugger that it doesn't do it automatically.

14. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

That really bugged me too, and no matter how much I tried to like swype I couldn't do it. If you get another keyboard the auto cap works a lot better. I have Better Keyboard from the market which works great and has a lot of themes on the market. I like it, but a couple days ago I switched to the HTC_IME keyboard because I could make my own themes. Check out this thread for examples and everything you need to know about themeing your own keyboard, it is really easy, looks nice, and the keyboard (including auto cap) works great, plus this is all free.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/170378-custom-themed-htc-keyboards.html

emaN resU likes this.
  15. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

As much as I like the DX I will never get it. Let's not assume that everyone can get it as it is limited to only one country and one carrier. So, I am going to keep lurking and just reading about the phone waiting for the Mielstone 2 to be released in Europe.

16. WTF

WTF Well-Known Member

OK - just signed up 20 minutes ago. Made the plunge and ordered a DX 9/8 with a ship date of 9/21 (or sooner?). Now I only have to deal with my Palm crapphone for another week and a half...:D

17. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Congratulations, you are going to love it

And welcome

18. WTF

WTF Well-Known Member

Thanks Charlie! Looking forward to getting a REAL smartphone/microcomputer...

19. odiej34

odiej34 Well-Known Member

All I wanted was a link to a post or a key word to search and find it. The guys at android central were much more helpfull. Just my .02.

20. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

I was a lurker for 6 months...so yeah, I know there are people out there that know the answer but don't say anything. I was there once and it can be scary, so I started out small by just posting just to post and then worked my way up from there.
    see steven58 I got this thread back in order:D

21. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

OH SNAP! :eek:

22. faber78

faber78 Guest

is a good forum....do sign up.
    if i havent got myself in trouble or ticked anyone off with comments and dumb questions....well, sign up; you'll like it....

23. Steven58

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :D Glad you signed up!

24. Steven58

lol

25. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Please keep it clean guys. Especially with the newcomers. :D