message tone for Vibrant

1. Brownsuga87

Brownsuga87 New Member

I have the vibrant and I dont know how to change my message tone to a ringtone.. I have music saved on my media card. Also, does anyone know how to personalize your contact's personal ringtones?

Advertisement
  2. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Mount your phone on the computer, create a folder called "media", within media, create a folder called "audio", within audio, create three folders, one called "ringtones", one called "notifications", and one called "alarms". Put your respective sounds in these folders and everything should work out fine.

I prefer the above way as it keeps everything neat and tidy. If you want a solution that will let you choose any sound file on your sd card regardless of location, download rings extended from the market.

To change individual contacts ringtones you should just be able to go into your contacts, select one, press menu and edit, then there should be a ringtone option.
    Big Dog KMc likes this.
  3. the1who

the1who Well-Known Member

You can also get Rings Extended to help in setting tones. Free and I highly recommend.

)(sorry)(

:D

Hey, get Rings Extended again, just for the record, I highly recommend it, get rings extended. lol...I said it differently three times, I hope that helps haha, sorry Ashy, was my quick skim reading as I was getting ready for something else that was time pending.
  4. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Yeah I said that already, check the second paragraph. :p
  5. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

There are a lot of posts on this. Get ringdroid to cut your music. Get ringo lite to set your tones. Done.
  6. BossDj

BossDj Well-Known Member

works! ty

(edited) i put them in my notifications folder that already was in existence, and can now set a different message tone.
  7. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

Sorta off topic but one thing that bugs me is I wish the media player would then ignore these folders, as I'll be playing my music on random and bam I'm hit with one of my ringtones. Kinda makes me crazy
  8. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

Interesting, that hasn't happened to me.