• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Message validity period?

Just to confirm my understanding of SMS vailidity period. It's the period of time the message is held by your message centre before it declares it undeliverable?

Come to think of it, I might recall seeing something about validity period in somewhere strange like the call settings menu (as opposed to the settings menu within the message app). There's certainly nothing visible on the ROM I'm using (CM7) and I can't see any validity options in GoSMS either.

Upvote 0
El .. you are correct (as usual :p) .. this is set by the network carrier. Some phones used to give you the option to adjust this setting but these only worked if the network operator supported allowing the user change the settings and usually they allowed you to adjust downwards only (not increase the time it sat on the server).

Reactions: gkang123
Upvote 0
El .. you are correct (as usual :p) .. this is set by the network carrier. Some phones used to give you the option to adjust this setting but these only worked if the network operator supported allowing the user change the settings and usually they allowed you to adjust downwards only (not increase the time it sat on the server).

:eek:

Maybe it was an older phone I saw it on then, it was a very vague memory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones