Messages? bout to throw my Eris in the riverGeneral

Last Updated:

1. aircftech

aircftech Member This Topic's Starter

I have one thread going with my wife that works but no matter what else i do it sends and labels the next thread to my friends email. I have even deleted the email account in his contact but it still pics it for the thread. I can pic some one in contacts and send them a txt but when they reply and i try to reply it sends to the email account again????????

anyone, anyone, Buller???? wtf
    just venting a little :confused:

Advertisement
  2. kobel1up

kobel1up Well-Known Member

This part may suck but you might just have to wipe it and start over. just make sure you have everything linked with google and you won't lose it all.

3. aircftech

TKS how do u wipe it and is there a way to back it up so I can reload it? OH yea tried chompsms same thing for anyone about to suggest it.

4. kobel1up

Ok first make sure that you are linked to your computer, log into google on your computer and make sure that you can see your gmail and anything you put in your calender on your phone or the other way if you like. then if everything is good, go to the menu, settings, then security. Then click factory reset. after that you need to dial that number that you update your roaming. I can't remember what it is, then option 1. You can call verizon to get the number. After all that is done you log into google on your phone and it will take a few minutes for your phone and google to link but it will work. I had to do this before. Hope this helps.

5. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

Make sure the problem email address isn't in your google contacts. Is it just re-syncing to your Eris? Delete it online.

6. kobel1up

That is a good point. I would ask Caddyman he is around on the forum and probably knows more about these phones and how to fix things.

7. aircftech

I have to tranfer all my media off right? maybe tonight!

8. kobel1up

yes sir, anything you can save back it up. You will lose all your app's. but as long as they are just the free one's it is just an inconvenience.

9. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Caddy has instructions on backing up in a thread here. I THINK the thread is called something clever like 'backing up your eris'. Give it a search if you get the urge.