Messages Contact List HelpGeneral

Last Updated:

1. teamhurting

teamhurting New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Just got my Incredible and it is rocking. Damn this thing is fast! I notice that when I try to compose an sms message, the contact search list contains ALL of my contacts (phone + Google). This is super annoying, as I literally have thousands of Google contacts and some people have numerous accounts, so it's incredibly difficult to sort through and is honestly the first thing I have seen the phone start to choke on. The 'People' widget has a 'View' setting that allows me to limit by just phone contacts, but I can't seem to find any sort of filter in the search when I'm composing a message. I can type each name individually and select, but having a big list would be nice. Again, I'd like to be able to select message recipients from a list containing only phone contacts. Any help?

Thanks.

FYI, I'm new to Android and Sense, so go easy on me if I'm missing something obvious ;)

Advertisement
  2. jpr18

jpr18 Well-Known Member

I'd also like to know this too. In addition, I want to turn off the Facebook directory. I only want to call people or text people in my "People", not everybody I know on Facebook.