Messages Problem?Support

Last Updated:

1. nettieeee

nettieeee Member This Topic's Starter

okay so i'm not sure if i'm the only one who has these problem but there's two situation happening here... 1) sometimes when i text, my contact name disappear and it only shows the phone number. i would try to reboot it and it still show the phone number. after awhile, it goes back to the contact's name. 2) when i text message somebody and then i get out of messages, then when i click on messages icon, it would take me to either twitter or the browser. i would have to reboot the phone for the message icon to work when i want to text message but this just recently happened.

i've gotten my phone the same week it came out and i'm still on my 14 day period... i have like 4 days left. should i just exchange for another one or is there a way to help that problem?

Advertisement
  2. Sungmurai7

Sungmurai7 Active Member

Since you have 4 days left you can exchange it and see if the problem persist. I exchanged my first batch G2 for a second batch and I noticed that it runs smoother overall and the keyboard has more give. I know that's not directly related to your problem but you have time to exchange it and try another before the 14 days.

3. nettieeee

so i returned the phone and got myself another one. so far, the hinge on this phone is loose than the other one but it is definitely much faster than the other. i will see how this one goes but i still have 15 days left since i didn't know in california, you have 30 days from purchase of the phone.

4. Sungmurai7

Sungmurai7 Active Member

The hinge on my second one was a little looser too but overall I don't have a problem with it. Is your Contact problem resolved? I keep the Contact Sync disabled for Facebook and Twitter.

5. nettieeee

@Sungmurai7 - no the contact is not resolved and the contact sync was off for fb and twitter. it was just weird how when i clicked on the message icon, it took me either to the browser or twitter, lol. and all of these was happening the first couple days i got the 2nd phone unlike the first phone whereas it took 2 weeks for all of that crap to happen.

also, when someone text me and my ringer is on all the way, it somehow turned down to vibrate and started vibrating like crazy for no reason and it was long! my friend was freakin' out and asked what the heck is wrong with the phone lol. so i exchanged for a 3RD one and so far, the hinge is good on this one and no problems so i guess third times a charm haha. *cross fingers* i'm so tired of exchanging the dang on phone. the rep that took the 2nd phone notice the hinge was crazy loose because she had to look at the serial number and the hinge on the screen just pops out and wouldn't stay in. let's hope this phone doesn't give me so much problems.