Messages Slow To LoadSupport

Last Updated:

1. furman82

furman82 Member This Topic's Starter

I currently use the SenseUI Messaging App for SMS. I had tried HandscentSMS but ultimately decided to go back to the SenseUI implementation, due to the way the app displayed the notification when I unlocked the phone (under the unlock slide bar).

I've been texting the a certain special someone quite often, somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000+ messages at this point. I notice, that when I want to bring up her thread, the phone slows down and it takes a 10-20 seconds to come up. Other threads, take only a second or two to load. I assume this is because the HTC app is effectively trying to load all 1000+ messages. Is there a way to limit the amount of messages viewable or a way to archive the messages to my sd card?

Thanks.

Advertisement
    gagz135 likes this.
  2. jgill

jgill Active Member

What could u possibly need to hold on to 1000 messages for?

3. furman82

furman82 Member This Topic's Starter

For the same reason I can still access my email from 2004 on my gmail account. If I ever want to reference a previous conversation, I have access to it. There is no reason why I should have to delete old messages, and in fact, I don't believe HTC even allows you to do that easily without deleting all the messages in the thread.

4. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member

three things:

1) mybackup seems to work pretty well for archiving messages either online or to the SD card

2) try using chompsms, it only shows the last few messages in each thread so they load pretty fast

3) i'm also looking for a way to delete all texts, so if anyone has an answer to this it'd be greatly appreciated lol

5. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

to delete tap and hold till the menu comes up and hit delete... on the main messaging page not in a persons thread

6. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

I believe the OP wants to still be able to keep the thread, but limit the amount thats being displayed.

I had the same issue about a week after I got the phone (Had several threads within the 800+ range at that time). The only solution I could find was this app: Delete old messages - Android app on AppBrain
    The only thing is, it takes a LONG time to do its work, so I figured it wasn't even worth the trouble. I ended up just deleting the threads and starting new again.:(