Messages take ages to come through!

Last Updated:

1. Moo

Moo New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Since i've had my HTC Hero i've noted that when i am sent a message it may say it was sent at 12:00pm for example, but i don't actually recieve the message on my phone until a couple hours later.
    I also get people telling me that when they try to ring me it will say I'm unavailable, as if my phone is switched off, even if i am sitting staring at the phone, knowing that it is on and physically using it at the time.
    I am currently with T-Mobile

Fortunatly most of the time, messages and phone calls come through at proper speeds, but this happens enough to be frustrating. I'm wondering if anyone knows any ways in which to resolve this? or is this an issue with T-Mobile itself?

Advertisement
  2. albatri

albatri Active Member

I'm on Orange in UK, but this happens to me if I have 3G switched on but not if I don't. Try turning it off and see what happens.

Someone on here said that if you're in an area where 3G signal is only moderate and there are lots of people trying to use it, then it can result in this problem. I'm in very central London aka iPhoneCentrale so there could well be some truth in it. It doesn't really make sense to my non-techy brain that 3G signal / capacity would effect calls and texts but I have to say, since turning 3G off, I've not had the problem.

3. Moo

Moo New Member This Topic's Starter

Well the thing is in order to conserve what pitiful batery life the HTC normally has, i have 3G off all the time, unless i need to actually use it :|

4. Timshel

Timshel Member

I'm having this same problem and I'm on 02...

5. greg_stinson

greg_stinson Member

On Orange myself and does the same thing now and again, does seem to be far more prevalent when using 3G though, damn annoying when it happens though, sometimes in the middle of a text conversation you can just tell it's happened, sending a text myself or power cycling seems to break the blockage for me...