1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Messages

1. Redskins10

Redskins10 Member

On my Samsung Galaxly s4 my Message stopped showing up as preview message and also stopped putting a message number at on the message icon on the home screen what is wrong.

Advertisement
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Welcome to Android Forums. For the greatest visibility I moved your question (thread) to the area (forum) where issues with your phone are discussed.

... Thom
  3. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

Did you install any 3rd party messaging app or launchers ?
  4. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member

Have you tried to reboot the phone and see if that corrects the problem?
  5. Redskins10

Redskins10 Member

I turned it off and back on and it still does it.
  6. Redskins10

Redskins10 Member

How should I reboot it?
  7. Redskins10

Redskins10 Member

It is through AT&T if that helps.
  8. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member

To reboot it you need to completely power down the phone and turn it back on. You can do it by pressing the power button then choosing "turn off" or you can pull the battery from the back of the phone.
  9. Redskins10

Redskins10 Member

It still did not work. What next?
  10. jamsterdm

jamsterdm Well-Known Member

You've turned preview off in message settings....
  11. Redskins10

Redskins10 Member

Found the problem. When AT&T updated messages something went wrong so I unstalled the update and now it works great