Messaging and Data Unlimited Plan - Additional fee?

Last Updated:

1. jeremytanner

jeremytanner Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, so I've noticed AT&T has advertising for a Messaging and Data Unlimited plan, and it's available for my phone. They list it at $30.00 a month.

Does anyone know if this is a charge in addition to my current data package? Has anyone tried it yet? I don't want to tack on an extra $30, but if I can replace my 2GB package with this, it would be awesome...

Advertisement
    sparker366 likes this.
  2. jeremytanner

Nevermind, got ahold of a live person, apparently it's only for non-smartphones. Grrr.

3. sparker366

sparker366 Well-Known Member

Not seeing its for 30 but am seeing unlimited text data for 50$.

Smartphone Personal Bundle
    AT&T Recommends $50.00 Unlimited Unlimited

4. jeremytanner

How are you finding this? I looked at the normal services page, nothing. Is it advertised somewhere?

5. bill.g

bill.g Well-Known Member

Well recently the smart phone data plans have changed, I am only talking about the personal data plans. The old was $30 unlimited, but the new is %15 for 250mb and $25 for 2gb and if you go over during a billing cycle you can get an additional 1gb for $10. The $25 plan you can get a tethering option for an additional $20 a month, though I do not know if you get additional data, but since this is at&t I would say that you get no additional data.

Now that said, those like myself that had the unlimited dataplan, though mine was on the iphone I was able to keep the unlimited data plan for $30 a month. Though they say I can not "tether".

6. sparker366

sparker366 Well-Known Member

That is available under my features when I am logged in. I don't want to change as I have unlimited family messaging and 2 unlimited data plans captivate for me 3g before and daughter has a 3g.

7. Max Tempest

Max Tempest Well-Known Member

You can save money by using Google Voice app for free, unlimited texting. That's what I use, no problems sending or receiving texts to my friends, just paying $15 data plan.

8. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member

What if you use a non-smartphone plan on a smartphone =0?