Messaging and Phone apps keep crashing

1. tango259

tango259 New Member

Hey all,

I've been searching for a while now and decided I should just post my question finally. I have the Galaxy SIII, rooted, and running CM10 stable. For the last 3 months or so, my SMS app, Messaging, has been randomly force closing and crashing. The only way to fix it is by rebooting the phone. I've tried re-flashing the mod 5 times, and even wiped data and done 2 factory resets. Still no luck.

And more recently my "phone" app has been doing it too. It crashes when I open up the dial pad and drops calls randomly and I have to restart my phone for it to work again.

Both of these will happen randomly. Sometimes I can go 4 hours without having to restart my phone, other times I have to restart my phone every 20 minutes. It's really starting to bug me.

Is there an app that's known to cause these crashes? Or is there a possibility that the mod file is corrupt? Thoughts? Questions? Any help is appreciated!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. mrhomiec

mrhomiec Well-Known Member

i was having this exact issue with the Messaging app.

i finally caved in and left CM10 stable for PA2.55

then CM later released CM10.1 monthlies, i think i tried either the first or second monthly, and didn't have the issue at all.

in short, no idea why CM10 stable was causing the force stops on Messaging.
  3. tango259

tango259 New Member

Are you currently running a monthly release?
  4. mrhomiec

mrhomiec Well-Known Member

i was running one of the CM10.1 monthlies. but now i'm using Graviton. back to using a TouchWiz based ROM.