• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Messaging Annoyance

I'm having a annoying problem on my Nexus One. I noticed this sometime after manually updating to FRF85B or FRF91.

The problem is when I get a text and go to open it, it always opens up to where you can see all the threads instead of the thread of the person that just text me. I also have a shortcut for my fiance and when I click on that and then click on the green messaging icon, it opens up to view all threads as well.

I don't use chomp or handscent but I do have sms popup. I've uninstalled it to check if that was the problem but it wasn't.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I tried looking around on the Nexus One forums and couldn't find anything.

i use sms popup also and it seems to be ok, ill check though some more. What id di notice is that sms popup doesnt work with google voice messages anymore like it used to prior to froyo. or am i going crazy? does it work for you?

I don't have Google Voice setup so I couldn't tell ya, sorry.

I guess I could just try a Factory Data Reset... what do you think?

Upvote 0
Are you going to your new message via the messaging app or the notification tray?

I tried both. I figured it was just SMS Popup so I removed it and re-enabled the system messaging notifications and it was still doing the same thing.

Yesterday I ended up backing up everything on my sd card and wiping my phone. I uninstalled all my apps so they wouldn't automatically reinstall after the format (I needed to clean house anyways). I tried seeing if that fixed it but it didn't.

I ended up trying ChompSMS and Handcent and both fixed the problem. I've settled on Chomp since I like the pop up better and the faster blinking color trackball is really nice too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones