Messaging App: Hanashi ChatSupport

Last Updated:

1. ECBomb

ECBomb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First thread on here so hopefully this is not a duplicate (I did a search and nothing came up for this app) and is actually useful (just thought I'd share the love :)). Anyways stumbled across an app less than a week ago called "Hanashi Chat". You should be able to find it on the Market, just search for "Hanashi". It's a messaging app made by Sony Ericsson and you can find more about it here:

Hanashi - mobile chat client

But just a short overview, this is so far an Android exclusive messaging app. Once you get the thing sorted and ready to go, it'll look through your contacts and see which of your friends are already using it. You can then text with your friends (using 3G or WiFi), voice chat, send photos and music, etc. You can also share your locations with all contacts or individual contacts (just tinker in settings under "Profile") and it'll show you on the map approx. where each of you are and give you a distance of how far apart you are. I guess if I was to relate this app to something I'd say it's a mix of MSN and BBM.

Haven't tried out all the features, so if you come across something cool about the app that I didn't mention, please to let others know!

And just out of curiosity, do you guys think it's better for this app to stay Android exclusive (to entice people to convert to an Android if it does become successful) or have it cross platform (so you can chat with your iPhone and BlackBerry friends)?

Advertisement
  2. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

It appears this is an "IM" program and as stated by the OP, somewhat new release from SE. I went to the OP's link and the X10 is right on there. You would think thy would have put this on all of the X10's, but since it is still in BETA that is why we all didn't get it. Anyway, I let my fingers do the walking and found a link with a review and a video demo'ing the product, so take a gander and see what you think. I have never been one for IM'ing and this kinda takes it to the next logical level..

Sony Ericsson Hanashi Chat Review: Android Instant Messenger Phone Reviews

PS: The key for this to work, is other people must be using it was well. So if no one has it, from the way I understand it, you will not be able to talk to anyone. Similar to Yahoo IM and MSN and the rest... Just SE new hook on to it..

3. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

Too bad none of my friends have this app.

4. ECBomb

ECBomb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ya thanks for mentioning that guys, I forgot to mention that more people need to use it to make it useful, but given that it is an IM app, I kinda thought that was assumed. Since it is still relatively new, people aren't bound to have heard of it yet. Also a plus is that it's made by Sony Ericsson, so we can assume that the X10 will most likely be supported no matter what future update this app may get.

PS: I only have 3 friends on the thing myself, so not like this is my main IM app. Just thought that it has potential and that this is the type of app that needs word of mouth for it to be popular.