Messaging app issueSupport

1. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

This may not be the best place for this, but I'm hoping someone else here has seen this. The stock messaging app won't stop notifications even if they're turned off...even if the app is deleted? If mms.apk is installed, it keeps notifying me even though it's notifications is turned off. If I remove mms.apk it keeps notifying me that I have 0 new messages. I've tried rebooting, reinstalling and removing. I'm running a sdx kitchen rom with meatkernel 2.0.9/no jit and I have ChompSMS installed. I don't understand how the app can keep notifying me if it's uninstalled? Other than this, the rom has been rock solid with good bat life, so I don't want to flash to stock and start all over for the 5th time this week.

Advertisement
  2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

That is quite odd indeed! Just for S's and G's i would try removing chomp and installing a different 3rd party mms app and see if the problem persists. This would atleast exclude chomp from being the culprit.
  3. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

No second party (chomp, handcent, ect) installed, mms.apk removed, no messaging icon in the programs list. Still I get a notification from the (uninstalled) messaging app that I have 0 new messages. Taping the notification does nothing, because the messaging app is uninstalled. If mms.apk is removed, what's generating the sms notifications? Arghh, this frustrates the heck out of me. I guess I'll be flashing again!
  4. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Yea, thats definitely not good lol. If i were in the same boat i would be reflashing.