Messaging App not working, unable to send texts.Support

Last Updated: 2012-07-12 04:26:27
  1. syatek

syatek Member

I own a T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II. My default messaging app kept crashing and when it did I couldnt receive texts until I restarted my phone.

I read a that a fix was to Clear Data on the messaging ap. Well I did that and now eveyr message I try to send fails delivery. I can receive texts though.

For now Im using a free marketplace app to text, but I want the default back.

How do I restore, fix, or reinstall it so I can actually send texts? Thank you :)

Advertisement
  2. xXchrizhurtyXx

xXchrizhurtyXx Well-Known Member

Are you rooted?
  3. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

I suggest factory restore. Texts are a big deal if they are not working so backup everything - titanium backup free version should work and boot into recovery. The way you do that is when you turn the phone off. Hold volume up and volume down - press power button while holding the 2 buttons until the phone stops the vibration. Release just the power button while holding volume up and down. When you boot into the menu use the volume up and down keys to select factory restore and press the home button to select it.

This will wipe your phone to stock settings after which the messaging should work. I suggest this way as it should fix it right away instead of going back and forward wasting time diagnosing it but at the end the final verdict is yours. If you want to diagnose it tell us what the phone is doing while you are trying to send the message!
  4. xXchrizhurtyXx

xXchrizhurtyXx Well-Known Member

Actually before he tries to factory reset his device he should try to replace his mms.apk using root explorer (or similar app)

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-42w5uPNlY-ZFFCeXdxOGhhWTA

Place my apks into your system/app folder and fix permissions,.