1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Messaging app, similar to Blackberry?

Last Updated:

1. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Switched to the Droid over the weekend, and thus far am totally in love with this phone. I've been an avid BB user for the last 5 or 6 years, and this is a MUCH welcomed change.

One thing I did like about the blackberry is the central messaging. SMS, MMS, emails from multiple accounts, IM's, facebook notifications, etc all appeared in one app, on one screen.

Is there a way or an app that accomplishes a similar design in regards to handling inbound messages? I'm familiar with the notifications, but its not quite the same..

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

I don't think there is just "one" app like that for android yet.

I know that eBuddy is a great app for handling IM's/chats.

BB, IMO, is a lot better when it comes to central messaging.

3. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I havent found one, but boy do I miss that feature! I think there is a paid for widget out there that may do something similar but I keep forgetting the name of it and I'm a cheapskate as well. Its "pure messaging", I think the guy makes a calendar and stuff too.

4. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I've loaded up on pure messenger and pure calendar. Calendar is working great, but messenger doesn't work at all for me right now, and you have to use K9 mail app to use it to begin with (might be worth checking out anyway, K9 looks decent)

Wish I was good at coding. I'd whip up an app like that, would be so useful for us BB converts. Central messaging makes life so much easier..

5. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Yeah me too. Wish Google talk was as nice as the 5.0 messenger then I'd be all set.