1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Messaging app stops workingSupport

1. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

Doesn't anyone experience issues when you use the messaging app? Haven't had this phone for very long, got April 19 but the sometimes when I text and try to open up the stock messaging app it gives me a message that it has stopped working. Force stopping and clearing the data don't make it work again. The only thing that fixes it is a reboot but I can expect the issues to appear again the next day. It's a nuisance and reboot does temporarily fix it but I'm looking for a permanent fix

Advertisement
    :
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello qandres12. It sounds like the services which support the sms app are being taxed by other apps/widgets. Have you more than one sms (or mms) app installed on your phone? If so, I'd clear them all but one, reboot and see how that goes.

If you've only got the stock app installed, I'd still suspect other programs using up services which the sms app needs. Take a look around your Application Manager for apps/widgets, most importantly 3rd party apps installed from Play Store (or what other sources you may have used, if any).

It sound like a resource war between your messaging app and others.