Messaging AppsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Inês Silva

Inês Silva Member

hey guys! so i formated my phone and i used the handcent sms as my messagind application, but now it doesn't allow me to send messages, only receive... any idea what's wrong?

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Welcome Ines Silva to the AF community :)

Hopefully i can try and help you with the issue you are having!

First off can you still send messages with the default messaging app, or is the phone entirely not able to send messages?

Because if it can't it could have something to do with your APN settings.

Otherwise try rebooting the battery by removing the battery and restarting the device. If that doesn't work try reinstalling the app again.

If none of these work please get back to me and i can try and think of a better solution :)
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Welcome to AF Inez!
    Glad you came to our forums for your devices issues!!
    Try some of Digitals suggestions to see if it helps, otherwise post back and we will troubleshoot somemore :)
  4. Inês Silva

Inês Silva Member

i can send with de deafult messaging app yes!! and i have done all of those things :((( i can't think of anything more to do... i even uninstalled the handcent and then intalled the go sms pro and it doesn't work to!
  5. Inês Silva

Inês Silva Member

oh, i don't know if it's important but my phone is galaxy gio...
  6. Digital Controller

Hmm, I am assuming you have tested this theory with a friend, by sending them a message and it doesn't go through.

Are you allowed to attempt to send a message, like can you start a new thread in the application and attempt to send it just never goes through?
  7. Inês Silva

Inês Silva Member

yeah, i can wright it and all that, but then the sending keep giving me error like "the message was not sent"
  8. Digital Controller

[quote="In
  9. Inês Silva

Inês Silva Member

yeah, i've done all that too :(
  10. Digital Controller

[quote="In
  11. Brian706

Brian706 Moderator Moderator

Is this only when you try sending picture messages? Is your stock messenger enabled or disabled? Are you rooted?
  12. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Try clearing the data on the app and see if that works.
  13. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Yep what they said above. Also if you're rooted did you restore the app with a backup and restore app? If you did uninstall and reinstall. Actually maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling even if you downloaded from the play store
  14. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hello and welcome aboard. :)
  15. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Welcome to Android forums In
  16. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

The handset app has been updated on the play store which fixes a bug when tying to send messages on some devices so hopefully it will solve your problem.