1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Messaging crashes when receving pictures/videos

1. d0nut12

d0nut12 New Member

Hi all. New to android...just switched to GS4 from iPhone 4 on Sprint.

Sorry if there is already a thread on this issue but I searched and couldn't find any.

My issue is the messaging app keeps crashing when I send/receive pictures or videos. The messaing app will keep crashing everytime I try to open it. The only solution I have is to turn off wifi/data and to delete picture/video before it is downloaded.

I know the issue can be fixed by downloading a third party messaging app but is there another way?

Advertisement
  2. d0nut12

d0nut12 New Member

Nobody can help? I just called Sprint and they said since I'm past 14 days I have to pay $50 to have someone at the store look at the phone.
  3. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

I would just try a third party app to see if it pulls it up ok. Maybe try setting the third party app to default. Then open the one that comes with the phone and see if it will open then.

I don't have the phone yet, so I don't know if this is a common problem or not. If it was, there would probably be some people responding.