Messaging help

Last Updated:

1. Kasie

Kasie New Member This Topic's Starter

I have only had my Hero for a couple of days but am quickly become frustrated. Is there any way to change the notification sound with incoming texts? Also, every time I receive and incoming text my phone also vibrates. I absolutely hate this! I've looked under notifications and can't find any way to change this. I'm about to pay the restocking fee and get a new phone.

Advertisement
  2. stinky

stinky Well-Known Member

Menu > Settings > Sounds & Display

From there you can click Vibrate on/off and select the various ringtones for texts or calls.

Edit: Welcome to the forums.

3. Kasie

Thanks for replying stinky. I've tried that about 15 times and can't get it to work. I'm trying to avoid a trip to the Sprint store. The vibrate box is unchecked and I've changed my notification ringtone. I still have a text ringtone that I didn't choose and it continues to vibrate when I get an incoming text. I've even turned the phone off and on.

4. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

ok then if that didnt work open up the meesaging app and then hit menu and change the setting in there for vibration and notification tones

5. stinky

stinky Well-Known Member

+1. Try that.

6. Kasie

Awesome! Fixed. Thanks! I told me husband that I felt silly joining a forum but he told me that they were super helpful and I should join. Glad I listened to him!