'Messaging' icon opens up browser?Support

Last Updated:

1. bud_311

bud_311 New Member This Topic's Starter

This is a new problem. My phone started directing me to the browser application any time I try to click on Messaging to check my SMS. Is there any way to fix this problem without a reset?

Advertisement
  2. drewdog

drewdog New Member

I would also like to know since I had the same issue. The only way to fix it was to restart Android.

3. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Restarting your phone is something that PCs, phones, etc appreciate every so often. If a simple restart doesn't fix the problem, it is a sign of a bigger issue.

Most tech support calls start with that question.

4. The Wok

The Wok Member

I have had this same issue and find that removing the "Messages" icon from the homescreen and putting it back fixes it...

5. emberglow

emberglow New Member

This is driving me mad! At random, I click on "messaging" and my browser opens and I'm stuck in an infinite loop. Only solution is to reset the phone. Sometimes I click messaging and it opens every other application that I have opened since the last time I opened messaging. However, if the browser is opened at any point, it gets stuck on the browser.

Other problem - rare, but it happens: I get a new text message, I see the preview in the status bar at the top of the phone, I click into messaging and the text message is gone, just vanished, I have no idea who sent it unless I caught it in the status bar, but its just gone. Really frustrating.

called verizon, they want to master reset, and/or replace the phone. I have a co-worker with the same phone, same OS and has been having the exact same problems with clicking on the messaging widget and it pulling up different applications. If the browser comes up - infinite loop, have to reboot the phone.

Clearly a bug. I have deleted and replaced the messaging icon from the "desktop" - no fix.

Any other solution??? This wasn't a problem until the 2.2 update.

Thanx in advance.