messaging in non thread format

Last Updated:

1. holdenon911

holdenon911 New Member This Topic's Starter

I need to have each individual message show up in its own thread not connected to others from same sender. I get fire department texts that need to be read and replied to in non thread format. Otherwise I will be responding to the entire group of messages that could be sent from different users using the same name.

Advertisement
  2. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Your question doesn't make sense. The texts are threaded by sender, and you can only have one sender per text. So if 555 sends you a text, when you respond it goes back to 555. There's no difference between threaded and non threaded in this respect. If Bob and Judy are both using 555 to send texts ( I don't know how that would be) then you've ALWAYS been sending back to both when you respond to 555. Threading is just organizational, it doesn't change how replies work.

3. holdenon911

holdenon911 New Member This Topic's Starter

I recieve an overtime page from 555 for tomarrow at station 1, then 10 minutes later another pages come out for overtime tomarrow at station 2. If I reply both get it. I need to be able to send the reply back and have it be attatched to the specific page within the thread or have them seperated. Does that make sence. Oh ya on the recieving end they must have the original messge attatched to my reply otherwise they will get screwed up since there can be as many as 50 different stations and times to reply to per day.

4. stearic

stearic Well-Known Member

Ok, i get what your saying. Just copy the msg txt by pressing and waiting for the popup menu to come up (doesn't this remind you of the apple and the press and hold for right click?) and in the popup select copy txt. Goto the the txt field and then hit insert txt. And then reply from there. Or you could select forward and just input the number in there for 555 and replay from there.