• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help messaging notification volume problem.

The problem I'm having is when ever I set a default notification tone it plays good and loud when I test it but when I actually get a text the volume drops below half making it very hard to hear the phone when ever I get a text. Is there a reason its doing this? I have the notification all the way up and it still drops when I get a text. At first I thought it was a issuse with handcent sms but its doing it with the default messaging app as well. Is anyone else having this problem?

The problem I'm having is when ever I set a default notification tone it plays good and loud when I test it but when I actually get a text the volume drops below half making it very hard to hear the phone when ever I get a text. Is there a reason its doing this? I have the notification all the way up and it still drops when I get a text. At first I thought it was a issuse with handcent sms but its doing it with the default messaging app as well. Is anyone else having this problem?

I have the same problem...my text notification is much quieter when i actually receive a text than when I just listen to the sound in the settings. I'm not sure why this is the case, but I agree, it is annoying because I definitely miss some texts because of the low volume...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones