1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Messaging on samsung galaxy s2

1. rahulc

rahulc Member

Hello Guys,

I have two issues to know about:

1. I am using Go sms pro application for messaging. when i put my phone on silent mode(vibration is on and i have also disabled default stock sms notification). but i dont get a vibration on recieving an sms in go sms pro.. :(

2. when i enter sms recipient name while composing an sms it shows the recipient's old number also even though i have updated the number in contacts. I have also cleared all logs history but the problem remained unsolved for me.. :(

I will be glad to get help on these issues friends. Am sorry if i am not clear in explaining the issues.

Thank you.:eek:

Advertisement
  2. rahulc

rahulc Member

still awaiting for a reply guys.. :(
  3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

1. Check the settings for the Go SMS app for an option to enable vibration.

2. Can't help, as I don't use the app. It sounds as if Go SMS isn't updating contact info, though.
    rahulc likes this.
  4. rahulc

rahulc Member

Hi Slug,

i have enabled vibration in go sms settings,but still vibration alert not working.

second issue is there in default stock sms application of galaxy s2 also.
  5. Slug

Does vibrate work for other notifications e.g. email?
  6. rahulc

rahulc Member

yes vibrate does work for linked in,facebook,gmail,yahoo,skype every other apps. Only for Go sms pro it doesnt work.
  7. Slug

If it's enabled in the app and works for everything else, I can only think the problem lies with Go SMS.
    rahulc likes this.
  8. rahulc

rahulc Member

OMG 366 views and so less replies. it wasnt that difficult to answer LOL. :)

I think the problem lies within the operating system for the duplication of the numbers for a single contact while messaging.

And as Slug said the second issue lies within Go sms pro application. We cant do much about it. Much appreciated Slug.

For guys who have these problems, above are the answers. Do not waste your time in creating a thread regarding this. This case is closed :)

Thank you :D