Messaging problem with only ONE contact...

Last Updated:

1. Noonanx09

Noonanx09 New Member This Topic's Starter

Yesterday, all of the saved messages to only one of my contacts disappeared and I was unable to view any messages he sent after that. I'm using the native Droid messsaging app and the thread still exists. When I try to open it, it takes me to a new message. I also cannot delete the thread. This is only happening with this contact and nothing else. I can read what's in the messages he's sending me through the ... "thread preview" (in the thread list when it shows part of the most recent message). I know he's getting my messages because he responds...

I can't figure out why it would only be happening to ONE contact and how to fix it.

Advertisement
  2. pEktaS

pEktaS Well-Known Member

you could try installing a different messanging app, it is prob just a glitch in the system.

I personally use handcent sms which works very well and is very customizable but there are a couple out there that you could try

3. Noonanx09

Noonanx09 New Member This Topic's Starter

Well I can actually open the thread with handcent sms... That's a start. It doesn't register that I've read the messages, however. Also, with handcent sms am I supposed to have to write the contact the message is for every time I write a new message? It seems like if I'm in the thread and I go to type a message while I'm there, it should default to the contact's thread...