messaging program not responding.Support

Last Updated:

1. anthony_wilso

anthony_wilso New Member This Topic's Starter

Ive had the G1 so far for about a month and i love it. the only problom i can think of is 9/10 times i have a text conversation it always says the messaging program is not respnding, and i have to force close. i can deal with it if it happends every once and a while. but this happens like almost all the time. is there a solution to this? i still have 20 mb of internal memory. so i dont think its that. sombody let me know there tricks. thank you

Advertisement
  2. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

I'd do a factory reset and if that didn't solve the issue, I'd call T-Mo's android team for help. I've never had a force close screen from any of the native apps.

Factory Reset -
    (Warning, you will loose all apps/data saved on the phone. This includes SMS/MMS messages and anything that is NOT on the SD Card. The Google Sync will return your Contacts/Calendar/Gmail, and the first time you open The Android Market, go to My Downloads you will see and be able to re-download everything you had installed right before the factory reset. If you don't install all of those apps before closing the market, some of them may disappear from that list. There is an App in the Market, MyBackup, that is supposed to backup your settings, SMS/MMS, and home screen shortcuts.)

Factory Reset is located Home Screen>Menu Button>Settings> SD card & Phone Storage>Factory data reset.

3. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

before you do a factory reset how many text messages do you have I noticed it got sluggish when I hit around 800 or so and I simply deleted the threads never had any problems since but then I delete my messages once a week.... If you delete your messages and it doesn't work I would do as Punkzanj said...

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

are you using the message app that came with G1 or some third party app ?
    And when you msg are you on edge, g3 and is phone connection solid ?

5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

You can save all your msg Threads by using a Market App called "Txtract" then delete the threads ....

6. cbaileyii

cbaileyii Member

Concur with those notes above. I bog at about 800-900 messages as well and it is fine after I delete the threads. Guessing (and probably pretty accurate) this is because the application is refreshing the thread each time a new message is received.