• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Messed up my M8, Please Help! :(

Rhyyssd

Lurker
Jan 5, 2016
Okay, so in order to try and get my HTC One M8 to the Google Play edition (mainly so I could run android 6.0, goodness knows when EE will release the update!) I decided to root, s-off and try to do it.

Didn't quite work out if I'm honest with you.

Everything worked until I tried to install the GPE edition. Then somehow, I wiped the OS; ended up trying to follow a post by @EarlyMon where a dude had pretty much the same problem as I did. Apart from every single ROM I try to install now comes back with error status 7. Yes, I am 100% sure that I am downloading the right ROM for my phone :(

My CID is 11111111
And my MID is the GPE edition, 0P6B17000 (It was the EU version, 0P6B10000)

If somebody could help me, I would be ever so grateful :(

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Some questions to start. Did you successfully root, and was s-off successful?

Was it the complete GPE conversion that you used that included firmware as well as the Rom? Or was it purely a GPE Rom? Link would help answer that.

Also, did you also flash TWRP custom recovery successfully, and what version do you have?

If you went for full GPE conversion, be aware it changes the phones partition sizes via a different hboot. So if you then try and flash a Sense based Rom it can't fit in the smaller GPE system partition.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones