Messed up sd cards

Last Updated:

1. pitmanr2003

pitmanr2003 Member This Topic's Starter

this may not be the right place for it, but i dont know where else to go. I have 2 micro sd cards. one a 4gig that i used in my g1 and a 8gig that i use in my hero. in my hero the 8gig says damaged sd card. it happened last night while trying to copy a bunch of stuff from laptop and it crashed during it. says i need to format it, but it just locks up phone and i have to pull battery out to restart. tried to do it from windows, but it wont even mount. so i was going to try to use my old 4gig from my g1 that i could never delete or add any files to. no luck there either. i can access it and copy files and they will be there, but then they just disapeer. i tried formating in windows and it formats and shows empty, but then everything comes back. is there a way to fix these cards like a formating program or something. this is crazy.

Advertisement
  2. DrDiff

DrDiff Well-Known Member

I have a similar problem with 1 gig SD cards and my digital camera. Win XP says the card is formated and fine, but when I put them in my camera, it says that the cards are bad.

3. uioiassas

uioiassas New Member

I think this is enough .....
    I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way:cool::eek::p:(