• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Metal Hard Case?

Reddawg

Jun 5, 2010
I'm working on an idea for a motorcycle mount for my EVO. I have a RAM mount with the AMPS bolt pattern but what I need is a metal snap on case if there is such a thing. I'm going to have to drill it and I don't think a plastic case will hold up over time. There may even be a problem with the fitment as I'll need to use very thin screw heads and washers. Any metal or THICK plastic snap on cases out there?

I realize this will probably hurt my signal strength but it will be plugged into the charger the entire time. Will it screw up NAV (GPS) and the compass though?

And of course it has to be secure (won't pop out as I go over a rail road track) but fairly easy for me to get the phone out when we stop to eat or something. (I know - picky, picky). Being as safety conscience as I am I'll probably put a thick rubber band around one end while I'm riding anyway
smile.gif

Thanks.

Steve

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones