• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metal or Plastic?

MisterChase

Jun 25, 2010
Is the Droid X is constructed out of anodized aluminum or hard plastic? Hard to tell from pictures, and I haven't found any official data on this.

I'm hoping for a nice aluminum build like the Nokia N8/Moto Devour/Original Droid, but even if it is a hard plastic, at least it's a matte finish which is superior to the "finger print magnet" finish of its rival EVO 4G.

Is the Droid X is constructed out of anodized aluminum or hard plastic? Hard to tell from pictures, and I haven't found any official data on this.

I'm hoping for a nice aluminum build like the Nokia N8/Moto Devour/Original Droid, but even if it is a hard plastic, at least it's a matte finish which is superior to the "finger print magnet" finish of its rival EVO 4G.

Every review has compared it to the original Droid in that it's made of the same coated metal.

Also, I currently own an Evo (thinking of switching back to Verizon for various reasons), and it is NOT a fingerprint magnet at all. It has a soft-touch back that's very similar to the rubberized coating on the Droid. I don't know where you're getting your facts from.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones