Metal? Why yes I would!

1. glockjs

glockjs Well-Known Member

i always default to metal for some reason :/ in flames has always been #1 for me and the last concert i went to was as i lay dying, bless the fall, demon hunter, and war of ages in vegas :/
  2. mr flannery77

mr flannery77 Active Member

The last show i attended was In Flames while on their A Sense of Purpose tour. Absolutely spectacular!!
  3. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

i saw in flames a couple of years back at nummirock; was a pretty lousy gig as they only played the new shit and virtually none of the good stuff
    pyros were nice tho'
  4. mr flannery77

mr flannery77 Active Member

I hear ya man. The older stuff is def better! I'm a big fan of Clayman myself.
  5. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I have too many to name really, but yall can look at my last.fm profile if you're into that:

www.last.fm/user/junbringer

Here's my top albums since August '08 when I started using last.fm:

[​IMG]
  6. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

Alot of great albums on there! The Dear Hunter, Underoath, Muse, Protest The Hero, Circa Survive, Norma Jean, The Chariot! All great bands
  7. bikeandestroyx

bikeandestroyx Well-Known Member

Protest the hero is amazing cant stop listening to them.
    Conducting from the grave
    the faceless
    catherine
    devil wears prada
    casey jones
    killwhitneydead
    the black dahlia murder
  8. JunBringer

Thanks! I likes good musics.
  9. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

I agree! also, how did you get that collage of album covers? Did last.fm do it?
  10. JunBringer

No it's some last.fm obsessive media thing. If you right click it and get the url you can just change it to your last.fm username and it'll do it for you.
  11. Dr.StainedGlove

Dr.StainedGlove Well-Known Member

I just stumbled in here, and thought I would add 2 cents from an old schooler (still schoolin you kids in my band The Drunks tho)

New metal...or is it nu-metal? Either way it ain't metal... let me tell you why. True metal was never and will never be played on the radio except for a handfull who get signed these days (mastadon, for example, but listen to their old stuff and tell me there's no difference) BUT, when we who rock the metal started playing and through out our lives, it never crossed our minds that there would be piles of cash to be made..

These new bands you hear on the radio all sound the same and have nothing real to offer because they are in it for the money and always have been.

Sorry if I offend you, but if you are, I suggest you check out some more underground metal bands of today..

Here is a short list of metal and heavy bands from today and through out the years that are good...

High on fire
    3 inches of blood
    hookers
    Kreator
    MOTORHEAD
    SLAYER
    dark throne
    Emperor
    Mayhem
    Eye hate god
    Soilent green
    The sword
    Entombed
    bathory

That's all you get for free...

;-)

Death to all false metal!
    gallandof likes this.
  12. JunBringer

lol dude your username is pretty awesome.

I don't really listen to the radio unless it's talk radio in the morning, so I don't even know who you're referring to. I used to be into Nu-Metal, as it's a gateway genre to heavier stuff, or "true metal" as I'm sure you'd call it :)

Just remember nobody comes out of the wound listening to elite viking black metal from the wintery northern forests of Norway. We all start somewhere :)
  13. Dr.StainedGlove

Dr.StainedGlove Well-Known Member

exactly.. You saw the errors of your ways and found the darkness.. Good for you..

[​IMG]
  14. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

any one fans of Bullet for My Valentine ??? \m/
  15. JunBringer

I listened to them a good bit years ago, but not so much anymore.

Rockin the new Ion Dissonance now. Effing Br00t.
  16. blkbeltkid17

Nice .. How about all that remains
  17. JunBringer

I enjoy The Fall Of Ideals, but their newer two albums are too butt metal for me.
  18. blkbeltkid17

the fall of ideals is good and too but metal ??? i am confused
  19. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I still love rocking out to Rammstein sometimes.

"We're all living in Amerika
    Amerika ist wunderbar
    We're all living in Amerika
    Amerika
    Amerika"

...totally awesome.

BTW my Chinese and Mongolian friends don't really appreciate Bolt Thrower too much,.. can't understand why.
  20. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

been playing with pandora again for a bit, found some nice stations I forgot I made.

Devin Townsend was one and katatonia.
  21. blkbeltkid17

Devin ... Really man ?
  22. JunBringer

Butt Metal. It's a genre that I made up to describe the whole like "Aggro Alterna-Metal" BS that is popular with the kids these days, like Breaking Benjamin and 3 Days Grace etc.

I effing love Rammstein dude. Their riffs are just the heaviest out there.
  23. blkbeltkid17

god I can't stand bb but any one says three days grace is metal to beguin with is just retarted man this some indie rock s@$t
  24. JunBringer

lol not quite indie but hard rock, yeah.
  25. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

you do know mot