MetaMorph and root apps not working on Fresh 2.1.2?

Last Updated:

1. d12d

d12d Member This Topic's Starter

I have Fresh 2.1.2 loaded on my Hero. When trying to launch MetaMorph it tells me to make sure i have enough space in /system. I have wiped and reinstalled the rom and have almost 90 mb free on the phone. I also can't get root explorer to work but am more interested in getting MetaMorph working. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know of anyway to fix this?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Apps that require root/su access will not work by default with Fresh 2.1.2. Re-read the thread about it and make sure you flashed the SU fix. In addition, make sure USB Debugging is On. Also make sure your SD Card isn't out of space :).

d12d likes this.
  3. d12d

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

It took me a minute to find but everything appears to be working great. I thought I had looked everywhere but apparently I did not look well enough. Also I noticed over at XDA you are a buckeyes fan. Go Bucks!

4. ccapasso

Certainly. Glad you got it all working. And yes, Go Bucks indeed :)!

5. d12d

ccapasso, I was looking at your buckeye launcher on xda. Do you have you launcher without the lockscreen by chance. I like your lockscreen as well but am running the metamorph buckeye lockscreen and would like to keep it for now. Also just curious if you do have just your launcher do you have a way to uninstall it or know which files I need to replace in case I want to change my launcher back to its current look?

I tried to find this stuff but havent had much luck. Thanks

6. ccapasso

I do not have the buckeye launcher just by itself yet. I also haven't converted it to Fresh 2.1.2. If and when I have time (which is getting more and more limited lately) I am going to try and make a metamorph of it instead of the flashable zip. This way it will only change the launcher and nothing else. As for a way to change it back, you could either do a nandroid restore (pending you created a backup before flashing, which is always a good idea) or you could technically create a Morph with the "Fresh Rosie."

7. d12d

Thanks, I thought I was just missing the file posted somewhere. You do great work, keep it up in your free time.

Thanks for all of your help and advice you have given me. :)

8. ccapasso

Sure thing. I could give you a quick idea of how to create it yourself :).

If you were to download what I did already, read up on how to metamorph, you could easily extract the png files from what I did and use them to make your own metamorph. It truly shouldn't take too long to do. That is how I learned to do some of this, was just messing around. I never used metamorph until recently and am pretty sure I will be sticking with it.

9. d12d

I may try to do this sometime, unfortunately like you I don't have much free time. If I were to get this created I will let you and everyone know. I'll also be sure to give you all the credit.;)

I'll keep an eye on your work and don't be afraid to incorporate more OSU in what you create.:D

10. ccapasso

So I figured I'd give it a shot for you being as I had 5 free minutes tonight. With that in mind, I did this in approx 5 minutes and Have NOT tested it yet. Therefore, I do not know if it will work, am not responsible if you blow up, melt, destroy, or cause physical harm to your phone. I highly recommend doing a nandroid backup before installing this. It is created to be used with the newest version of MetaMorph. If you do try it, please let me know if it works or doesn't work for you. Again, I apologize as I usually test this, but I haven't had time.

Download here

Again, this is NOT a flashable zip but instead is a MetaMorph. Do NOT try to flash it from recovery :).

d12d likes this.
  11. d12d

:D

Thank you so so so much!!!!! This is awesome. After my phone restarted I had to reload a couple widgets and turn my data connection off and back on but everything seems to be running smoothly. I have played around doing everything I can to try and break it and its holding up great. I'll let you know if any problems develop but I don't anticipate any. You are the man I owe you.

THANKS!!!

12. ccapasso

Lol, glad it worked for you. Nothing should break as all I did was replace the existing png files with the ones I created. No actual "code" was changed so it should be good to go. That is the beauty of metamorph; you can change what you want, and it wont affect anything else.