Metamorph and the 2.1 ota

Last Updated:

1. Droidking

Droidking Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I currently have quite a few mm themes on my phone now. I'm currently running dm 1.0. Will those themes that were compatible with 2.0.1, will they be compatible with 2.1 ?

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

In a word, no.

Just the framework-res and services.jar themes though, most likely.

The themes for apps (browser, music, email, etc.) should still work fine.

3. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

2.01 themes are not compatible with 2.1 - you might be able to get a few thinks to skin proparly but for the most part you will create nothing but problems. 2.1 themes should be used with the specific ROM (ESE53, Cyanogen) they were designed for. As for the OTA 2.1 who knows? Some are already experiencing problems.

4. Fabolous

Yeah, I tried to theme Pete's ESE81 this morning, and had some troubles modifying the clock and notification text color. Everything else worked.

And I just noticed, but you said MM and OTA, and those two don't belong in the same sentence seeing as how the OTA update takes away root :p

There's definitely something different about the ESE81 framework from even ESE53.

5. Droidking

Droidking Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So is it gonna take awhile for MM to support themes for 2.1 or do I have to look elsewhere? I have a pure glass notification bar and a bunch of other goodies that I would love to rock once 2.1 gets rooted .

6. Fabolous

The reason the 2.1 MM's don't work on Pete's ESE81 is because it is odexed. Once he releases the next BB, it will be deodexed and 2.1 compatible MM's will work on it.