metamorph - editing .png

Last Updated:

1. mhome

mhome Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I apologize, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I searched and couldn't find it. I would like to change the colors of the Wif bars on the status bar at top of screen I extracted the .png files (blue bars), opened them in Paint, and manually changed the color to yellow. Zipped them back up in Metamorph format and pushed them to my Metamorph format and pushed them to my sdcard Applied theme using Metamorph, and it worked, except that the background is now white. I created a theme using the original 5 files. I created a theme using the original 5 png's with blue bars, applied the theme, and it worked and it doesn't have the white background. I think I understand what's happening, but not sure how to format the pictures correctly so just the bars show without the background. Any help appreciated, thanks

Advertisement
  2. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

You have to use a program which supports transparency, like photoshop, I'm not sure of a free one, but that's what happened.

3. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

4. mhome

Ah Ha, that makes sense. Off to Costco, I think they have photo shop on sale.

5. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

Yep, Gimp works great. No need to spend a bunch of money on photoshop for such simple editing.

6. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

GIMP does pretty much everything photoshop does. I wasted tons of money on ps a few years ago, now I use GIMP.

7. mhome

Cool stuff man, thanks.

It worked, the wife wanted photoshop anyway. If anyone wants yellow radio bars let me know. I pulled the .png's from Simply Stunning 1.0.3, but I think they would work on any 2.1, maybe even 2.0.1

Thanks, again.