• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Metamorph (not enough space on /system)

diS

Android Enthusiast
May 24, 2010
Belgium
Hi guys

I've got a problem with Metamorph...
I've found a nice theme that I would like to use on my Desire.
When I start the app it wants to check things. When doing this it closes and I get a message
that there isn't enough space on /system.
I found out that it wasn't possible to have read/write access in /system while the phone is ON.
It was possible while in recovery. (This was in August of 2010).

Is it possible now?

I've browsed the web and found this:

1. Open DroidRootHelper.
2. Select: "Mount mtdblock3 System read/write
3. Scoll down and select: "Install and chmod busybox(installs to /system/bin)
4. Start up Terminal Emulator (It can be found on the marketplace one worked for the droid and one did not, both were named the same).
5. Type: "su" minus the quotes and Press enter
6. Type "ln -s /system/bin/busybox /system/bin/cp" Minus the quotes. That is Ln not "I"n make sure there is a SPACE between "-s" as well as ".../busybox"
7. Start up MetaMorph.
8. Go back to your DroidRootHelper and unmount what you did in step 2
9. Reboot!

This is for a droid... Does it work for the Desire?
Is there any other way perhaps?
Can I for example apply the theme like a normal ROM in recovery?

Thanks in advance
diS

Ive used it on the desire. I sometimes have this the first time I extract, or sometimes if the root permissions have not yet been set.

Do you mean that you've done it using those steps?
Because I think I've set the root permissions and I tried to open them app about 7 times and it still tells me that I've not got enough space...

Upvote 0
Ohhh sorry, you haven't got S-off? I didn't see the quoted section, sorry.

Those steps are not in recovery anyway, they're done via a terminal emulator.

No I just open metamorph and apply the theme. However, sometimes i get the not enough space error. I am s-off.

To be honest, I wont use it anymore anyway. Its old and i think out of support. Also, with my set up, apps that need to reboot my phone for me are a no go.

If a theme isn't flashable, I wont bother. Although I dont bother with themes now anyway really.

Reactions: diS
Upvote 0
Ohhh sorry, you haven't got S-off? I didn't see the quoted section, sorry.

Those steps are not in recovery anyway, they're done via a terminal emulator.

No I just open metamorph and apply the theme. However, sometimes i get the not enough space error. I am s-off.

To be honest, I wont use it anymore anyway. Its old and i think out of support. Also, with my set up, apps that need to reboot my phone for me are a no go.

If a theme isn't flashable, I wont bother. Although I dont bother with themes now anyway really.

Yeah I'm not S-Off :)

Thanks for the reply, guess I have to see what I can theme myself ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones