MetaMorph Themes

Last Updated:

1. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This may be a stupid question but can you D/L themes and apply them using MetaMorph to any ROM? I see A LOT of cool themes that I'd like to start messing around with but I'm not sure if you need to be on a certain ROM or not. Also, how do you use MM to apply the themes? Thanks in advance :D

Advertisement
  2. chaos32

chaos32 Well-Known Member

Im seeing that most of the themes say "CyanogenMod" so i'm assuming you need that one. Currently I'm running xtrROM and I haven't found anything for that...so I'm assuming I'll need to flash a new rom *sigh*

BUT this shows how to apply themes

YouTube - MetaMorph(1)

WormDoes likes this.
  3. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

It's a lot easier to make Metamorphs for the Cyanogen line of roms. They are more popular (especially for Froyo now) and are a little more universal. It's hard to have one that works for Sense and Cyanogen as well since a lot of the of the PNG files you need to change are different between the two, especially in the framework-res.apk, where most of the magic happens. Basically, once you have Metamorph installed, here is what you'll want to do:

1) Create a folder on your SD card entitled - AndroidThemes
    2) Find a compatible Metamorph theme zip - Put said zip onto card and inside AndroidThemes folder.
    3) Start Metamorph (tap the Start Check button) and let it do it's checks (this is automatic)
    4) Select Unzip/Extract New Theme - It will take you to your folder and select the zip file of your choice.
    5) Metamorph will unzip this. Now you will be on the XML file that has the sub themes listed. (If, at this point, it says something like it can not find the XML file, then back out, go back in, choose Pick Existing theme, go to the main folder -not zip- and scroll through till you get to the XML file. It's there, promise)
    6) I recommend applying them one at a time. Sometimes they don't take the first time. Sometimes the phone will reboot, or in some cases NEEDS to reboot, for the changes to take place, such as for the Framework-res. (There are settings to change to avoid some of this, but let's not go there YET)
    If you do reboot, you'll want to reopen Metamorph, perform the checks, then choose Existing theme, go to the unzipped Metamorph theme folder and browse to the XML file and go through the rest of the ones you want.

If any of the themes don't take:
    Try again.
    Make sure that whatever apk you are trying to theme matches the name on the XML file. If it says it wants to theme Facebook.apk and your's is entitled Facebook-1.apk for some reason, it will NOT work. Also, of course, it needs to be in the correct path. Facebook again for example, is usually themed with the idea it should be in the phone's /system/app, as this is where the devs have it installed when you flash a rom.

Hope this helps. :)
    chaos - My offer stands from your other thread to give you a hand with making flashing new roms WAY easier and less of a headache. PM me if you need the Talk apk.

WormDoes likes this.
  4. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the help, fellas. I guess I'll have to wait till i flash a CM ROM to mess around with different themes