Metamorph Themes

Last Updated:

1. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Two questions:

1) Can I install Metamorph theme's on my sholes ROM using SMUpdater?

2) Will it slow down the performance like other home theme apps available for unrooted phones?

Advertisement
  2. itype2slo

itype2slo Well-Known Member

I am running the glass theme right now... looks great!

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Theoretically the themes should not slow down performance because they are just someone changing the PNG files (images) whereas home replacements are specially coded new apps to run the home screen that often have new graphics that "sit on top" of the old stuff.

4. itype2slo

itype2slo Well-Known Member

btw, you would just use Metamorph to install the theme.

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

You can't use the SMupdater app to install a theme unless they have programmed it in. You use metamorph which is free on the market to install most themes.

6. DjSmooth

DjSmooth Well-Known Member

I had a serious situation the other day, after installing SMupdater and everything was working smooth, I installed using Metamorph from the market a Theme built by a trusted person and after the install of said Theme, my Droid didn't like it.

First it continued to give me error messages and than restart itself, it did this about three times in a row and than the Droid just went black, than the long bootup screen, which continued the loop over and over again. By than I was thinking of ways to get a replacement :eek:

Finally when I was about done and panicking I remembered about the Recovery Procedure "Power Button & X on the physical keyboard" it wasn't until that step did my Droid began to act right.

So, I said all that to say, unless there is a Theme made by Sholes I wont be putting any themes on my Droid, just a tad bit to risky for me.

7. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

Im getting an error from metamorph. it says "make sure you have enough space in /system and that busybox is installed"

yes, busybox is installed, and yes I have space....

8. Ninthwonder

Ninthwonder Well-Known Member

Anyway we could get a thread that had themes available for the Droid?

9. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I second this. Although it would also be useful to get a sticky someplace on install/uninstall of the theme's. I installed a theme and immediately hated it. Ended up reinstalling my ROM using one of their theme's.

10. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 Well-Known Member

11. bigdsports

bigdsports Member

I also have this exact same issue.

12. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

It had me "reinstall" busy box. I did, and it worked.

Mrwirez likes this.
  13. bigdsports

bigdsports Member

That worked! Thanks for the help. I had to delete busy box from both system/xbin and system/bin. Then reinstalling did the trick.

14. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

I had same issue and uninstalling/reinstalling busybox didn't work to fix mine. I had to mount system and then use this code inside of adb shell

chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox

lots of people across forums seem to be having similar issues so I figured I'd post this (found on alldroid).

15. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

What theme was it and where did you get it? Themes MUST be made for the Droid, you CAN NOT use any themes for older Android phones because they have different resolutions AND different values in the xml files. EVERY theme at alldroid made for the Droid works perfect, so I suggest you try one from there. Oh and Sholes doesn't make themes so don't hold your breath. They are not the gods of Android, and anyway you can't break your phone by putting on a corrupt theme, all you do is just restore from a nandroid backup.

16. tsaunders

tsaunders Well-Known Member

A thread with themes for droid would be nice.

17. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

+1
    I have found a tread elsewhere full of morphs.. but none I have seen say they are for Droid. Some say ANY 2.0/Eclair/2.1.. but not sure they will work.

18. DjSmooth

DjSmooth Well-Known Member

Thanks, it was a Theme made for the Droid, it was my first attempt so that maybe the reason...not gods, but they make a pretty mean install all app though... Now, is it just me or does anyone else hear the Voice of Optimus Prime when reading CRPercodani post... :) you just can't help but know he knows what he's saying...

19. tsaunders

tsaunders Well-Known Member

Where do you find the themes to install using metamorph?

20. Kirch21

Kirch21 Well-Known Member

yes please can someone link me to some metamorph themes for droid, im at a loss haha

21. UBRocked

I have found some and I would like to post the link but I don't know if I can link directly to them. The dev's name is krazykrivda on AllDroid (I tried to search for appropriate "linking" guidelines but after 20 minutes...I got tired of looking...so shoot me! :D If anyone can link me to the guidelines, I would appreciate it cause I know people are sensitive. :rolleyes:

Here are some screen shots of his Dark ROM with the "DBlue" overlay over Sholes 2.0.5 There are several color options available. Using his update file actually installs a home screen replacement as well that you can choose from (but I forget which one and I'm too tired to look). I'm new to metamorph so this is the best theme I have found so far.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

22. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

OK, I am gonna have to look at this more carefully now....I really Really REALLY love blue / black combinations like that, especially with a smoked glass look....

23. UBRocked

Yeah, I totally agree with you johnlgalt. I have a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon and the interior is lit in blue and the Droid in my "makeshift" car dock looks slick (the "car dock" home screen up most of the time)

EDIT>The widgets are more transparent than they were blue. They didn't look very blue when I had a different (mostly dark/black) wallpaper.<EDIT

[​IMG]

I found this background in Mabilo Wallpaper app (free in the market). You can search for "Blue" and it will pull up a bunch of blue wallpapers...nice to be able to search specifics like that.

Okay, I'll stop taking up so much screen real estate now.

24. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Heh - nice look. I use a beautiful image of the Nissan GT-R as my WP on my desktop, laptop and now on my DROID as well (see Picasa Web Albums - johnlgalt for the image on my phone right now) but it is still acceptable (aesthetically) to use that theme with this WP, AFAICT.

25. UBRocked

Can you post a screenshot on here of the main home screen? I like to use car wallpapers but I find that in portrait they don't show enough of the car for my liking and in landscape, the bottom of the car usually gets cut off.