Method for Rooting the Aviator

Last Updated:

1. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I haven't tried it, but there seems to be a root method for the Aviator swirling around the interweb. If you're braver than I am, give it a go and report back!

Root Samsung Galaxy S Aviator

Advertisement
  2. Now534

Now534 Active Member

This method Soft Bricks the phone from what i have seen from a few sites. The creator of that root is not sure if it works or not since he doesn't have the Aviator.

3. Zebulon

Good to know... I saw a few reports of it bricking the phones, but I didn't realize that the dev didn't even have access to an Aviator. Seems kinda silly to try to develop for a device that you can't even test on.

4. Now534

Now534 Active Member

AFAIK the devoloper had it for the Charge

5. jaydensdaddy

jaydensdaddy New Member

Are there no updates? Does anyone know if there is a developer working on this? I was going to bring my Aviator back to USCC for the GS2 since it's rather laggy with the bloatware on it, but since I dropped it the other day and chipped some of the housing, seems I'm stuck with it now. I do, however, love the 4GLTE and can showoff to people with Verizon or AT&T who don't have it here yet. I'd love to be able to have this thing rooted, debloated, and maybe a custom ROM installed. I'd do it myself but I am not at all familiar with the coding.

6. Zebulon

Yeah, if somebody could port AOKP over to this phone, I would just about be in heaven.

7. Now534

Now534 Active Member

If we could find firmware it should be easy to make a rom and root it i would think.