Methods of Madness?General

Last Updated:

1. ExcessiveIdling

ExcessiveIdling Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

With the upcoming 'incredible' phone soon, I'm curious as to if there are any ways for those that have recently purchased an eris to 'trade up' for an incredible? Maybe through use of a warranty or some nature? Any ideas? Also along the same line, for those that may have upgraded to a 2.1 leak W/O root possibly some ideas to get an older eris in order to apply the root firmware or what have you? Sorry if this makes no sense cold medicines have me loopy lol.

Thanks in advance.

E|

Advertisement
  2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Yes i just called and as long as you are within 30 days of the purchase date you can trade up to the newer phone. You of course do have to pay a $35 restocking fee, but if you had the new every 2 discount you will still get that. All in all if you are within 30 days as of today you should call them up, explain what you'd like to do and they'll put a note on your account as to what you are up to. I'll have to go without a android phone for about 10 days but thats not a big deal.

3. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Here's a thought, at least for me. Not sure if it makes sense to anyone else, but what the heck.
    I have two Erii, one for me and one for my son. We both have insurance for the phone which equals $150 / year. I have an upgrade sitting there and can get an Incredible for $199. If I needed to make a claim for a lost or flushed phone it would cost me another $89. So I remove the insurance and keep Eris #1 as the backup, buy an Incredible and after a year it's a push. By then I have another upgrade on one of my 4 lines and get another phone. Only problem with that is I really like my Eris and have grown attached. Sick, huh?