Metro 2.2 Froyo, Rooted, deodex, bloatware removed

1. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Here ya go folks, Metro PCS's Official 2.2 Froyo update rooted, deodexed, and bloatware removed.

Added features:

Rooted
    Darktremor Apps2SD - version 2.75.2 + fix (Needs Class 6 or better SDCard and SDCard needs partition with SD-EXT, swap optional but suggested for the Ascend)
    Davlic moved to sdcard
    Nano added
    Bash added
    Busybox
    Deodexed
    APK's zip-aligned (Better RAM utilization)

Install in CWM like any other ROM.

Enjoy!!

PlayfulMod - Playfuldroidz Wiki

Note:If you were stock before or downloaded and installed the update from metro you may have to go into cust/metropcs/us dir manually delete app, media, wallpaper, and logo to rid all of the bloatware. If you were on another ROM you should be good.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Modman

Modman Well-Known Member

Had a feeling that update was coming. Now I'm inspired to root it and kill the bloatware. Maybe tom nite when I get home.
  3. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

Good work bro...i'll sticky this!!!
  4. THH209

THH209 Active Member

Do u still have to wipe everything
  5. PlayfulGod

make a backup and try it ;)
  6. THH209

THH209 Active Member

How do I make a back up
  7. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

I'm on CM7 w/CRICKET & plan on staying w/it(AWESOME ROM!),SOOO.....just to perhaps satisfy others curiousity,will this work on a CRICKET phone?
  8. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

not at the moment...:confused:
  9. Sinner67

Sinner67 Well-Known Member

Ok, I have to say that I am very pleasently suprised on how smoth 2.2.2 is. It is much quicker than I thought it would be and very smooth.
  10. Piranha650

Piranha650 Active Member

I really love this. Great job on this PlayfulGod. After partitioning my sd card and moving all apps and dalvik to sd using a2sd, its tons faster. This is actually working better for me than cm7, and thats a great rom.
  11. PlayfulGod

Thanks, I owe alot to isaac tho for pointing me in the right direction tho :)

apps2sd installed and dalvik is moved to sd by default. ;)

Oh and I have another one ready to upload with a diff boot sound and bootanimation. Just not sure if I am happy with it yet lol.
  12. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Just use PGs version and thats already done.
  13. Carlos1986

Carlos1986 Well-Known Member

I deleted metro studio and the Im crap? should I have kept this?
  14. mpkonig

mpkonig Member

what do i do if i already upgraded to the official 2.2? am i stuck just doing everything the long way?
  15. mpkonig

mpkonig Member

Playfulgod--- i see you got your ascend oc'd over 600....how did you do that....can you possibly link the program/kernel u used for that? been trying to find a kernel to oc over 600mhz with no luck really...thanks
  16. Sinner67

Sinner67 Well-Known Member

He has it OC'd using CM7.
    Look at http://androidforums.com/ascend-all-things-root/320265-ultimate-ascend-customization-guide.html for instructions on installing CM7 and http://androidforums.com/ascend-all...4-gingerbread-current-version-05212011-a.html for information on OC'ing.
  17. PlayfulGod

Should be fine, I'll prolly remove them myself too lol.

Not completely, you will have too root it with gingerbreak, install rom manager/CWM, and prolly install a root explorer to del cust/metropcs. I am trying to find out why cust itself wont delete. This all will get you almost to were this rom is, the other tweaks I did in a kitchen on ubuntu.

I will prolly make 1 or 2 more improvements to this rom b4 calling it done n move on to working on CM7.
    Casfaye likes this.
  18. SkylakeGoon

SkylakeGoon Member

In your opinion which ROM is better in regards to performance Metro 2.2 Froyo or CM7?

Thanks in Advance
  19. PlayfulGod

CM6/7 hands down, but this rom once cleaned up & tweaked seems alot smoother and faster than the stock 2.1.
  20. Modman

Modman Well-Known Member

So the path is /cust/metropcs ? I need to use Ginger Break 1.1?

Can i do an ls then I'll see /boing /myextras /metromail? Then I'll rm directory name -force any I want to get rid of.
  21. PlayfulGod

I used gingerbreak 1.2. And yea thats the path to the majority of the bloat. The few others are in system/app.

Think I may found a way to del /cust on install, bout to test it.
  22. istos

istos Active Member

Hey PG, what CWM should i use. I've been using 2.XXX and I am having issues with data. I get no data. I was on Icarus, wiped everything before installing this.
    Any ideas?

Thanks.
  23. kingskidd268

kingskidd268 Member

I got into apn and nothing there. I add and nothing.
  24. PlayfulGod

I used 3.0.0.5 that rom manager installs.

Why are you messing with the APN's for anyhow?
  25. kingskidd268

kingskidd268 Member

I got no data thats why.