Metro 2.2 Froyo, Rooted, deodex, bloatware removed

1. imsupersonic

imsupersonic Member

Don't want to come off sounding like an idget, but.... where do I download the ROM to on my phone? I'm really new to all of this, I've only had the Ascend for less than a week, I did root it the other day though :) and I've installed CWM
  2. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member

most likely something messed up during install, you are the only one I seen with no data thus far. The APN settings are set to hidden in the build.prop.

tried reflashing and doing all the wipes?
  3. kingskidd268

kingskidd268 Member

ok will do

4. PlayfulGod

you will need wifi enabled n connected to a wifi connection, other than that just click the link in the OP.
  5. imsupersonic

imsupersonic Member

Okay will do. Thanks :D
  6. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Well-Known Member

Congratulations PlayfulGod, you have now ascended into the pantheon of Ascend deity!
  7. PlayfulGod

thanks but I think we should wait on that til I can do sumtin with CM7 lol
  8. istos

istos Active Member

I still can not get data enabled. I re-flashed with CWM 3.0.0.5 and I get the same thing. No data. I wiped everything every single time.
  9. arric_mclovin

arric_mclovin Active Member

i installed the file link you had posted PG and it still has all the bloatware on it:eek:
  10. PlayfulGod

Did you have the metro version installed first?
  11. Sinner67

Sinner67 Well-Known Member

So you are going into Settings> Wireless & networks> Mobile network settings and selecting Data enabled and it will not turn on?
  12. PlayfulGod

pose to be on by default. Mine says its enabled but mine has no service so lol
  13. Sinner67

Well, he said he was trying to get data enabled, so it sounded like he was trying to turn it on. He would have to tell it to turn on after the install, wouldn't he?

Ok, scratch what I just said. I turned off my wifi and cannot get to websites either. Anyone know if it works on the update when loaded from Metro?
  14. arric_mclovin

arric_mclovin Active Member

yes i did
  15. istos

istos Active Member

It is on, but i get no data connection. I went back to Icarus to check, and I have data, however, I re-flashed to 2.2 after wiping everything and I have no data.
    It is very strange since it looks like there's other people running it without an issue.
  16. Sinner67

Are you flashing PlayfulGod's file, or the original update from Metro?
  17. Piranha650

Piranha650 Active Member

I'm running 2.2 with no wifi and have data.
  18. istos

istos Active Member

This is PG's zip file. i have downloaded it 3 times to make sure the zip file is not the issue. And I have flashed it 5 times now.
  19. Sinner67

Yeah, I had the same issue, so I flashed to stock and made sure my data worked, then went to the 2.2.2 upgrade. It is still working. Some people have done this then installed PG's file and it is working on them, so I may try to install his now.
  20. istos

istos Active Member

I flashed back to stock and tried the upgrade. I got a message saying that my system was up to date.
  21. PlayfulGod

New version available, link and detail in OP.
    istos likes this.
  22. Sinner67

PlayfulGod, can you post instructions for installing a2sd? I tried it on my phone and it keeps telling me that a2sd is not found.
  23. Sinner67

Go to this link Huawei Ascend Android 2.2 Upgrade and follow the instructions for Option 2. That's what I did and it worked for me.
  24. PlayfulGod

I did it with a kitchen on ubuntu.
  25. istos

istos Active Member

Cool man. I just dld new PG's zip. If that doesn't work i will revert to stock and run the upgrade. Thanks a lot for the info.