• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metro 3G network sucks

I have the M835 Huawei and its a decent starter android, but is it the phone or the Metro 3G network? the upload and download suck majorly. I did a speed test, it was 0.5 mbps down, and 0.20 upload, horrible! I then connected to my house wifi network, and the down was 5 mbps and the up was 4.6 mbps, so to watch videos or download anything, my best choice would be to siphon off my house's internet, pathetic! My girlfriend has the 3G Virgin Mobile Motorola Triumph, you can stream video in less than real time, meaning the video streams fully in less than a few minutes, you can stream a 30 minute video in just a few minutes, the M835 on Metro 3G would take 20-50 minutes atleast to stream the same video fully, I rooted my phone and did the 3G/4G internet booster and all that jazz, did nothing. I don't think I could ever get another Metro phone. I really want the Nokia 900 4G with AT&T, but thats a windows phone not an android. Anybody else have supersuck Metro 3G speeds?

This was the last phone I had with MetroPCS before I switched to Verizon. The 3G is horrible ! Even with the wifi, it was still bad. The memory on the phone with by so quick, I had to do a factory reset almost every month for it to somewhat work right. When I would use swipe or just plain out type the keyboard would freeze,etc. Overall the 3G with the M835 Huawei is BAD. I have 3G with Verizon and it is SO much better, I feel like im using 4G. And they say metro has got better network, but I dont know. I had a friend that has a 4G phone with Metro and my 3G beats her phone opening up webpages and we both had our wifi off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones