• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

metro mm kdz is up

AP2FTW

Android Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2012
i found the link to this on xda http://www.mylgphones.com/metropcs-...receiving-android-6-0-marshmallow-update.html

i havent had any luck getting the ota again since i went back to stock so i'm ecstatic that someone posted this...before i try it i have a few questions hopefully someone can answer

it says you have to use lg up? can i not just use the lg flash tool?

also, i swear i read someplace that if you use the kdz, you will be stuck with an unlockable bootloader...anyone know if that is the case or is it still unlockable depite using the kdz?

thanks

i found the link to this on xda http://www.mylgphones.com/metropcs-...receiving-android-6-0-marshmallow-update.html

i havent had any luck getting the ota again since i went back to stock so i'm ecstatic that someone posted this...before i try it i have a few questions hopefully someone can answer

it says you have to use lg up? can i not just use the lg flash tool?

also, i swear i read someplace that if you use the kdz, you will be stuck with an unlockable bootloader...anyone know if that is the case or is it still unlockable depite using the kdz?

thanks

If you flash a kdz, you go back to stock and it will be unrooted.

The bootloader can be unlocked and you can gain root.

I just haven't heard of LG UP or this link that was posted in XDA

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you flash a kdz, you go back to stock and it will be unrooted.

The bootloader can be unlocked and you can gain root.

I just haven't heard of LG UP or this link that was posted in XDA

yeah thats what i thought, i was just afraid maybe they changed something with mm that would allow the kdz to permanently lock the bootloader...i have been reading so many threads on this the past few days, i probably just got confused and read something wrong...in any event i have no idea what thread i thought i read that in, so i'd never be able to find it again if i wanted to

Reactions: stovo06
Upvote 0
i just read this on how to use lg up http://www.mylgphones.com/how-to-ma...-on-metropcs-lg-g-stylo-ms631-with-lg-up.html

and saw something interesting down at the bottom

Yeah, it (kingroot) can be done with the T-mobile MM rom.....I think some people have already rooted but this root section is kind of unorganized and people are posting everywhere so I can't keep up. I thought I saw someone on the Metro Marshmallow ROM already rooted but I don't know how if they used kingroot or did through adb method.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it (kingroot) can be done with the T-mobile MM rom.....I think some people have already rooted but this root section is kind of unorganized and people are posting everywhere so I can't keep up. I thought I saw someone on the Metro Marshmallow ROM already rooted but I don't know how if they used kingroot or did through adb method.
yeah im positive i have seen people say they used kingroot both on metro mm and tmo...which makes me wonder all the more why they would put that note there...

Upvote 0
I've used kingroot to roof.

This is safe, as long as you use this app to remove all traces of KingRoot once root is confirmed:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=darkslide.com.supersumepro

I've used KingRoot on several devices, then applied Super-Sume Pro. This is necessary if you want to run stock after rooting. If you can use custom recovery, and a custom ROM, that erases all traces of KingRoot from your device. Yes, I do know the dangers of leaving KingRoot on. Aside from it being possibly malware, it also eats up space for other apps it tries to push on your phone. SS Pro costs $4, but it's worth it if you use several devices to easily root, and want to retain a stock setup.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
This is safe, as long as you use this app to remove all traces of KingRoot once root is confirmed:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=darkslide.com.supersumepro

I've used KingRoot on several devices, then applied Super-Sume Pro. This is necessary if you want to run stock after rooting. If you can use custom recovery, and a custom ROM, that erases all traces of KingRoot from your device. Yes, I do know the dangers of leaving KingRoot on. Aside from it being possibly malware, it also eats up space for other apps it tries to push on your phone. SS Pro costs $4, but it's worth it if you use several devices to easily root, and want to retain a stock setup.

Thanks. This app looks helpful. I'm new to the whole kingroot process. I'm "old school" and spoiled when it comes to rooting. Most phones I have purchased had a lot of custom roms/devs and root was found pretty quickly without kingroot or similar apps. These phones are getting more sophisticated so it is not as easy anymore.

Upvote 0
i used kingroot to root metro 6.0 so theres no issue with kingroot also my bootloader is unlocked , u need to unlock the bootloader first before rooting with kingroot people seem not to read or follow intructions correctly

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones